Thirty~Paper Airplanes

May 24th 2017
3rd Person POV
It all had SJs  head in a spin. Boxes and furniture being carried to in and out. Her whole world got turned upside down in a matter of days.

With her fathers and Coreys mom's battle with cancer, the whole lot of time jad moved to the Swayze family ranch, Rancho Bizzaro, is it had came to be called.

Corey, SJ, their 4 teenagers, Edward, Kitty, their twins, Patrick and Judy, and Lisa would live in the huge 15 acre ranch, which Patrick, Lisa and SJ had built themselves practically.

Sarah Jane felt arms wrap around her from behind her.
She turned around and hugged her husband of 22, going on 23, years. "Hey.", she greeted.

He smiled that smile that made her knees weak when she was 14 and met him, his smile still had that effect.

"Hi there.", he responded.

He smiled at her. Their intense eye contact was interrupted by their now 20 year old daughter, Carrie Ann.

"Mom, daddy, look at this.", she said handing her father a box.

He looked inside, a small paper airplane laid on top. He picked it up and put the box down.

"Look babe", he said to Sarah Jane, "It's our airplane."

The airplane they'd passed back and forth in 1987. The way they admitted they had fell madly in love with each other.

SJ gently took it from him and studied it. A wave of memories of the love sick teenage girl she was flooded her mind.

How much Corey and her had been through together. All the unexplainable things and thick and thin they'd faced. As a team.

Corey smiled at her as she was engulfed in the memories. They'd faced a lot together. More than most. And most importantly survived it, together.

"What is it?", Carrie Ann asked.

"It's a letter your father wrote me. He sent it through my hotel window after our first date while filming The Lost Boys.", SJ said.

Carrie Ann smiled. Her main goal was to go to writing school and then find a boy who loved her like her father loved her mother.

They still looked at each other like they were a couple of 15 year old kids in LA with the whole world to explore. And in a way, they were.

Just then, Edward, the director of the family, came on the porch.

"Hey! Lovebirds, and Miss Muffin! Come help unpack."

Sarah Jane giggled. Corey ran to join him and Carrie Ann headed off to help her brothers.

SJ took a box off the stack her father was lugging. "Daddy, you should be resting.", she said.

"Nothing, not even cancer, is gonna stop me from doing what I need and want to get done.", he said sternly, but with a smile.

She returned the smile and they followed each other inside. With now grown kids who had moved out, Corey and Sarah Jane had spent a lot of time together.

Mostly thinking about how much they had done and gotten through and the up and coming future.

"Come here.", Corey said to her as he walked to the porch swing.

"Mhmm?", she asked, taking a seat next to him.

"Hey, how ya doing?", he asked.
"Great, as long as you're around."
"I love you." He reminded her.
"Good, because I love you.", she remarked.

Jesse, CJ, Danny and Carrie Ann joined them.

"Heyyy.", Jesse said.
"Heyyy yourself.", Corey said.

"What's this?", CJ asked, holding up a stack of journals.

"Only your mothers deepest and most inner thoughts and feelings.", SJ said taking the stack.

Corey stole one off the top. "How dare you?", SJ joked.

He read a few pages and reported, "You loved me but hated most of my friends.", but with a smile.

"Your friend's were stupid. And rude. All teenage boys are.", she said.

"Ouch.", Danny said.

"Oh! Not my boys, though. My boys are smart and sweet and cute.", SJ said. And all these things the 3 boys were.

...
As the sun began to set on the ranch. Corey and SJ sat alone on the porch swing.

"Remember when", being the topic of choice.

"Corey", SJ said, suddenly sounding like she was 15 again.

"Yes?"

"Have I ever told you how much I love you?"

"Yeah, but say it again"

Sarah Jane picked up the paper airplane and slowly and carefully unfolded it. Reading aloud her side from 1987.

"I love you for being my sweetheart, my partner and my friend. I love you today and forever for the caring and joy that you share without end. I love you today and forever for the warm tender touch and the things that you do. For the way that you help all my dreams to come true and for filling my world with your love today, tomorrow and forever. I'll never stop loving you.", she said, almost never taking her eyes off him.

He smirked and gently took the airplane from her. And mad up something a he went along.

"Sweetheart, I will stay by your side as long as I live. I will do anything for you. I will be your companion your friend and your guide. I will bring you the sunshine and paint a smile on your face. I'll comfort your tear and gather up rainbow to chase all your sadness. As long as forever my love will be true. My Darling, my only love. We'll walk life's path together regardless of life's sunshine and rainy weather. As you are here for me, know I am here for you always. For as long as I live. I love only you."

And then sealed it with a kiss.

And they all lived happily ever after...the end❤