Chapter 10 - Definitely in danger

Sherlock slowly awoke, all he could see was darkness, nothing but darkness. He could feel his wrists and feet restrained and he couldn't move at all. The room felt cold and dank, enough to make him shiver.

When he moved, his restraints tightened against him. They made a jingle sound as well, so he figured he must be in chains. He'd practiced breaking restraints a variety of times before, but these were too much to break out of. He sighed and lifted his head in an attempt to see through the sheet over his face. To no relief, he couldn't see a thing. Instead he heard scuttling beside him.

"You're awake. Good. It was no fun beating you whilst you were unconscious. It's hard to get a reaction that way." A mysterious voice chimed.

It wasn't Magnussen's voice so that was a relief.

The sheet was removed from his head and he looked around the room with a slight squint, trying to adjust his eyes to the light. The men standing before him were the minions of Magnussen, one of which Sherlock had seen when he'd first gone to Magnussen for drugs.

"Oh Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, I see you are doing your minion duties as usual." Sherlock pulled an arrogant smirk as blood dripped from his mouth.

One of the men growled and raised his fist, smashing it down against Sherlock's cheek, causing Sherlock to gasp and the chair to topple over on its side. The men started to laugh a bellowing laugh.

"Not so smart mouthed now are you?!" The skinnier minion chortled.

"Well last time I checked, yes." Sherlock replied smugly.

That comment earned Sherlock a kick to the stomach. He choked on the blood in his mouth, but made sure to keep grinning to seem hard to break.

"You can't do anything to me that hasn't already been done." Sherlock remarked.

The minions started to grin and pulled him back upright on the chair.

"We have permission to do what we will with you and your boyfriend." The tall one said.

"John is nothing to do with me" Sherlock replied.

He didn't want John to get hurt for him.

His bones were sore and his skin was sticky with blood, bruises covered his whole body, but Sherlock tried not to show that it hurt. If he broke character for even a second to wince, the minions would feel like they were winning.

"What are you even doing here? Do you just do everything you are told?" Sherlock teased.

The skinnier minion spoke and stepped into a light patch. His hair was an auburn colour and he had a few scars on his face. The taller one, Sherlock had already met before and he had a bald head, big muscles, and the usual stereotype of a baddie.

"We enjoy inflicting pain on pompous psychopaths like you. That is why we are here"

"For the last time, I am a high functioning sociopath. Do your research! Your puny immature brains really do surprise me. They seem to lack the capability to function." Sherlock corrected them.

The larger minion took a step towards Sherlock, he had a murderous look on his face and he probably would have killed Sherlock, if his colleague hadn't held him back.

"George, we were warned about this! Boss said not to listen to the jibes and baiting. This man is a master in that and if we kill him then we won't get paid. We are not supposed to kill him, just scare him."

The smaller minion spoke with urgency and calmness in his voice.

It seemed to work too, as George took a step back and stood just staring.