Chapter 4 - The bad deed

Sherlock had been using every ounce of strength he had to stop from shaking, when he'd said goodbye to John. The whole time his body had been yelling for the drugs. He had taken them as soon as he has got to Magnussen's monstrosity of a house.

The feeling he got when those drugs were in his system, felt like heaven spreading around his body. He stopped needing to shake and sweat, his body was perfectly normal again, apart from having drugs raging through his blood of course.

The door at the house was already open for Sherlock, and Magnussen was waiting inside, with his assistants.

"I'm here. Whatever it is, give it to me so I can get on with it." Sherlock said, irritated.

"I need you to gather some information for me." Magnussen ordered.

Sherlock rolled his eyes.

"Yes I figured that. But on who?"

"John Watson" Magnussen stated calmly.

"I'm on i-" Sherlock began.

He re-ran Magnussen's words through his head a couple of times before feigning a riddled look.

"Why him? He hasn't got anything to hide. He's just a retired war hero." He asked. Hoping he had misheard Magnussen.

"Oh Sherlock, you would be surprised what you can find out about ordinary people. The hero's tend to have the most secrets."

"But not John. He doesn't do detective work anymore; he's just a doctor now."

"I own you now, Sherlock. So get on with the work that I have set you. Find out everything you can about John, otherwise I tell him about your drug habits. You can't bargain with me Sherlock. I am a king, I am a ruler, and people will bow to my every command. The sooner you get that, the easier your life will be. Now go!" Magnussen hissed.

He turned away from Sherlock, signalling his 'minions' to escort him out. They moved to take Sherlock's arms to lead him out, but he yanked his arms back and straightened his coat. He left on his own accord, with an agitated look on his face.

He walked down Magnussen's drive and hailed a cab. The whole journey he kept running Magnussen's words through his head. How could he need information on John? John is the most uninteresting person Sherlock had ever met...Well to everyone else around Sherlock. John interested Sherlock, in the way that he could make him feel. Around John, Sherlock could be himself and be adored. John always showed appreciation for Sherlock's work and that made him feel amazing.

The taxi journey was over far too quickly. Sherlock paid the driver and stood staring at the door of 221. He stood there for a few seconds before he let himself in and made his way up into 221b.

John was nowhere to be seen, so Sherlock figured he must be running late at work. He pulled out his experiment kit and began to dissect a human eyeball.