Chapter Thirteen

"Oh my gosh!" Sadie squeals, standing beside me in the bathroom. I look at her as I brush my teeth, my hair tied back in a messy knot. I'm tired, I'm not sleeping well again. I'm not sure why, maybe it's just the stress of the past few weeks.

"What?" I ask, spitting my toothpaste out.

"Blake is so precious, don't you think?" she gushes, painting one of her eyelids a rather bright pink. Her skin is so tan, she can pretty much make any color work, but still. "He's so sweet. I'm, like, so glad you set us up the other day at the diner. Thanks so much for the necklace! He totally loved his key chain too."

"You're welcome." I say dryly, patting my lips with a towel. I'd forgotten about their presents, left them sitting in the diner booth, but apparently they'd figured it out. I'm glad they're getting along, I think Sadie is hardcore attempting to seduce Blake now; at least he's her age.

"So, are you gonna tell me about that badass in the leather jacket who drug you away the other night?" she asks coyly, and I hesitate.

"There's... nothing really to say."

"Oh, don't lie! He was all over you!" she says, turning to look at me. "Like, he couldn't stop touching you for a minute!"

Not for the reason she thinks; I'd pissed him off Saturday, and it's already Tuesday and I've not heard anything. I'm assuming Conway didn't X me out, so I'm not going to die or be sent of somewhere else against my will.

"I don't think he's interested in me, Sadie." I finally say, frowning at my appearance.

"Why? Because he's all tatted up and older? Trust me, older guys love younger girls, especially when you play all naive and innocent. They get their rocks off to it."

Ew.

Sadie would be the one to give me that advice.

"I just don't think it's that way," I shrug my shoulders, putting up my toothbrush and toothpaste. "We're just acquaintances."

"Well, if that's what you want to keep telling yourself, that's fine." she sighs, finishing with her makeup. "But I think you two were cute together, and that you should give it a shot. You don't need to mope over Liam."

"I'm not moping over Liam."

"You're moping a little."

Well, only a little.

My nose curls at the thought of him. "He's just a jerk."

"I know he is," she begins lining her lips. "Most men are."

I glance over as some frat guys enter the bathroom, whistling at Sadie as they pass. She shoots them the bird with a smirk, but otherwise ignores them.

"So, do you two talk often?" she presses, apparently not done with the subject. "Has he asked you out?

"Sadie ---." I sigh.

"No, Amy! I think he's into you, I just have the feeling," she says flatly, capping her lipstick. She tosses it down into her makeup case, zipping it up. "Why don't you see if he wants to see you this weekend? I'll do your hair and makeup, you can borrow some of my clothes and show off the boobs you keep hidden in those t shirts," I look down with a frown; I'm not hiding them, "and we'll go from there. I'm pretty sure Elta Thi is throwing a party at their house this weekend anyway."

We exit the bathroom, starting down the hall; she's about four doors down from me on the opposite side. Why I never realized this, I don't know. We'd just always seen each other in passing before, we'd never really even spoke until after the accident. Then, Sadie had started chatting me up in the bathroom when she saw me, maybe she just felt bad for me considering I'd lost basically my only friend, now that I think about it.