Chapter Twenty-Four

"Amelia."

I don't want to wake up yet.

I try to ignore the voice, snuggling closer to my pillow. I'm really warm, and comfortable, so I don't want to move just yet. I haven't felt this relaxed in a while, I don't want to ruin it.

"Amelia," I feel soft, warm lips press against my shoulder, and I sigh. I want to stay sleepy, in dreamland, not wake up and face reality. I shuffle, and I feel his arm wrap around my waist as he chuckles, his lips drawing up my jaw.

Last night... well, it was probably one of my better, or worse, decisions. 

Everything just kind of blurs together now, I'm not sure at what point I'd tossed my senses off the bus. I'm especially unsure how I coerced Kole to come back to the college with me, or how I'd managed to even sneak to my dorm room without being noticed.

All I am sure about is last night had been some of the best sex I'd ever experienced, complete with my first, well... Liam had certainly never been able to make me feel like that, that's for sure. Kole's just... I can't begin to describe it. I've never had anyone make me feel so confidant, feel like every inch of my skin should be worshiped and caressed. 

"You can't sleep all day," Kole murmurs in my ear, but he obviously doesn't know me very well. My lips curve, and I reluctantly open my eyes, seeing I'm only inches away from the wall. I'm incredibly warm thanks to his body against mine, whereas normally I'm always cold in the morning.

"Watch me," I mumble, feeling his smile against my skin. The fact he hadn't left after last night had been a first, that he'd actually stayed.

Another fact, Kole is a serious snuggler.

I mean, I get that, considering how long he's been around, sex for him doesn't mean what it does for me. I understand he's been with so many people at this point, he probably doesn't even remember all of them. 

So, I'm gong to cherish this little tryst, even if it did mean nothing.

"It's getting close to noon," he murmurs against my neck. "We should return to the House."

I frown, and shuffle a little. I sit up, gathering the sheet to my chest before I look over at him. Beds in the dorms are small, so he's right beside me, leaning back on his elbows with a very satisfied look on his face. 

My eyes flick over him shamelessly. Ink crawls across his neck, down his chest and to his stomach, there's hardly an inch of him that isn't decorated. The sheet is barely covering his waist, and I can easily remember how our skin contrasts, how plain mine looks in comparison to his. He's so ungodly warm, and those black eyes of his are studying me just as I am him.

It's the awkward part, the morning after. I've never been with anyone who's actually stayed the rest of the night, usually one of us left, so this is not something I've ever had to deal with. Last night though, the way he'd kissed me --- no one's ever kissed me like that.

I keep thinking that, over and over.

It did something to me, and I just... I wanted more.

He kisses me so freely, without any sort of reservation. He's not pretending, he's not putting on a show or trying to impress anyone --- every touch is for me, every brush of his lips, every stroke of his fingers, it had been for my pleasure, not just for his.

My eyes flick to the door where I can hear people going up and down the hall, and my cheeks flush; I wonder if any of them had any idea what we were doing in here last night, if they heard me. My cheeks grow even hotter as I quite easily remember how not quiet I'd been.