1

-past-

I sat on a bench, waiting for my mom to arrive. I waited patiently, or at least I tried to.. Minutes have passed so I started reading the book from my bag that my dad gave me for my birthday. I always bring it with me, because he gave it the day before he left.

My dad only stayed until my birthday to at least make me happy, even though he was ready to leave already. It only made me sadder.

It still makes me sad, but my mom and dad always fought. It was for the best I guess. So now, I live with my mom alone.

An hour has passed and I just sat with the book on my lap, now bored. I told myself to wait a little longer, but it has been an hour already and I couldn't stop myself so I cried.

I cried because my mom always made me wait for more than an hour. While the other kids were already picked up by their parents. It made me feel like no one cared about me. Ever since my mom and dad divorced she started picking me up from school very late. Doesn't she care about her child anymore?

"Hey, you okay?" I heard a voice say.

I looked up, still crying and saw a boy in front of me. He looked a bit older than me. He sat beside me and got his handkerchief from his pocket and handed it to me.

I hesitantly took it and wiped my tears. I calmed down a bit.

"Why are you crying?" He looked at me with worry.

"M-my mom always p-picks me up late. She d-doesn't care about me anymore," I sniffled.

The boy patted my back, and asked, "How long have you been waiting?"

"An hour."

"Hey, cheer up! While waiting for your mom we can go to my house and play video games, its not that far!"

"I.. My mom told me not to trust strangers easily."

"Oh, ah..." The guy looked a bit surprised. "Let me introduce myself then, my name is Kim Taehyung. What's yours?"

"Lee Jiyoung."

"Now, can you trust me?"

I nodded my head.

"Let's go!" He said excitedly. He grabbed my hand and we started running.

For the first time in weeks I felt... free. Kinda like I'm escaping from everything and just running away from it.

My tears have already dried up and I started laughing. He turned to look at me and smiled.

-present-

I sat with my friends at lunch time in the cafeteria. They were hyping up this group and showing their phones to each other. I ignored them and just ate my lunch. They always fangirled over this group called, what was it? BTS?

"Hey Ji, you should check them out," my friend Kyla said.

"No thanks," I shook my head.

I might be korean but I'm not really into kpop boy groups compared to my American friends.

"Just watch one video of them pleaseee, you won't regret it!" Alex said pleadingly.

"Alright," I gave in and placed down my chopsticks.

She handed me her phone from across the table with a video on it. I pressed play and it started with a white intro. It read "Big Hit Entertainment".

It started with a boy dressed in blue. Then he kneeled down and placed his head on the snow. I saw the face clearly and suddenly I felt.. like I've known this guy. Like I met him before. He looks really familiar, but I couldn't recall. Is this what you call deja vu?

I continued watching. The song was really catchy so I started singing along softly, "Bogo Shipda..."

"Hey! Jiyoung's enjoying it!" my friend Kyla said beside me.

The video ended and I looked up from the phone and saw my two friends look at me expectantly.

"So, what do you think?" Alex asked me.

"Not bad," I said, returning the phone.

"That's all?"

"Well, what else do you want me to say?" Then I remembered that guy in the beginning of the video. "Ok, I have a question though."

"Ask away!"

"What is the name of the guy in the beginning of the video?"

"The beginning of the video?" She pondered. "Oh! You mean Kim Taehyung?"

My stomach dropped upon hearing that name. What did she just say?

"Kim Taehyung?" I repeated. My heart was now beating faster.

"Yep! You already have a bias, Ji?" My friend, Alex, laughed.

"Bias? What's that?"

"Your favorite member."

Kim Taehyung.... It's been years since I heard that name.

"Hey, Ji! If you're starting to like them, I have an extra concert ticket I could give to you." Kyla said.

"Really?" I said.

"Yeah, I'll give it to you tomorrow!"

"A-Ah..Thanks."

"Yay! Now we can both go together with Ji!" Kyla said excitedly to Alex.

I smiled, but I was still bothered with my thoughts. Kim Taehyung? Is he the same guy as the guy from my childhood? Or is it just a coincidence?