12.

Star pov
After the christmas and everything else my parents were arriving in 20 minutes and I was freaking out! Amber tried calming me but I ended up just yelling and being a scared teenager! Good thing Marco was out of town for a day so they won't be asking so many questions about him.

"Star try relaxing a bit? Your mother and father love you no matter what?" I sigh "I know that but I'm just afraid they'll spill out our secret Amber, mother isn't good with keeping secrets" Amber rolled her eyes "Sometimes she is but princess you'll be fine" as I took a deep breath we heard knocking and I jumped and squeaked a bit

" They're here, how do I look? Presentable?" She nods and we walked towards the door as she opens there stood my mother in a her casual outfit which was a skin tight dress and a small coat around her shoulders and her hair in a side braid. Father was in a suit and tie and for once they looked like normal people.

"Hello mother, father it's so nice seeing you again" mother embraces me tightly almost lifting off the ground since she was talked then me "Star my darling how have you been? My this house looks wonderful? Amber has she been doing well with her progress?"

Amber lowered her head and held her hands and nodded "Yes your highness..she has" she smiles and nods "Good, now where is?" "Mother about that..I have something to talk about first before you and father meet him" mother looked at me odd as father walked around the apartment.

"What is it?" "I haven't told him about me being a princess or us being royal" mother sighs "Star I thought the only reason we sent you here was to find someone to bring back to Mewni to become King?" I nodded "I did but then I noticed he might not like the royal me instead of the me that I am now"

mother looked confused "Star I have no clue what on earth you just said" I sigh "All I'm asking from both of you is to not ask him about marriage or him coming home with me" mother nods "Okay I won't ask but I need to at least know what or who he looks like?" I nodded

"He'll be here tomorrow he's out of town" she rolls her eyes "Well then what should we do now?" "I could show you around town?" Mother nodded and father did as well. We went walked through town and mother seemed interested in some shops that we even stopped a few times to buy a couple things.

"These shops are lovely I wished we had them in Mewni" I smiled "I said the same when I first arrived here" mother noticed my face and held it "What's wrong? Having seconds thoughts on becoming Queen?" I nodded "I am but also I'm afraid to tell Marco about me being a royal his aunt knows but she hasn't told anyone" mother sighs

"I'm sorry I'm pushing you into this...but Star I'm coming to my limit of ruling and so is your father..we want you to continue our legacy" I sigh "Why didn't you have more children?" Mother lowered her eyes and let out a soft sigh "I almost lost my life giving birth to you..." I gasp a bit and mother smiles gently "You almost died cause of me?"

She nods "Yeah but i couldn't leave you alone or your father..Star this is why I push you because I want you to experience things that I couldn't really do when I was your age and believe me I wish I could have another kid but I simply can't" I smiled and hugged her "Thank you" she giggles

"Your welcome sweetheart" as we finished shopping we want home where me and Amber cooked which made mother want to help while father took a video on my phone. "River please don't record this" "Oh come on moon, you look beautiful darling along with you princess" "Thank you daddy" we laughed and had fun and watch a movie and headed to bed, I stayed in ambers room while my parents took over mine.

"See your parents understand" I scoff "This is just today Amber, wait until tomorrow when mother doesn't approve.." Amber kissed my hands and smiled "Believe she will, I know how hard headed your mother is but she does have a heart star" I nodded "I know, night Amber" "Night star sleep well" I faced away and tried to sleep but all I could think about was my parents and Marco. Please go well.