Chapter 8: Perfect Date Gone Wrong

Magnus laid in bed and rolled to the floor. "Ow," he said when he hit the floor. He didn't cough or anything. "I feel better now." He looked around the room. "And I'm alone."

Alec had left Magnus to rest the night before and left to the Institute. He felt like his mom was starting to get suspicious to where he was off to and only returned in the mornings or not at all.

    He had to train today according to his mother because she hadn't seen him train. He took a break from his training and was drinking water when his phone buzzed.

    He recieved a text from Magnus. "Where are you?" Said the text.

    Institute. Training. Got to go. Text you later. He sent back. Then he went back to training.

After training Alec went to his room and stripped his clothes off. He got in the shower and began showering. The hot water hit his back and it felt nice. He wet his hair and ran his hands through his hair.

    He scrubbed every inch of his body. He shampooed his hair and stayed in the water a little longer. He reached out to grabbed his towel. He wrapped the towel against his waist.

    He looked at his phone and saw that he got a message. Meet me at Central Park at 7. Love you. See you there. Magnus had said. Alec smiled at the text.

Magnus had spent the whole day planning a date. He had planned a romantic picnic at Central Park. He picked the perfect spot and placed the blanket there.

    He set plates on the blanket. Forks and spoons on the right side and napkins with a napkin on top on the other side.

    He placed fake candles in the middle instead of real candles because of an incident that had occurred once. He set up two cups, one for him and one for Alec. By a tree was a bucket of ice with a bottle of champagne in it.

    He had already gotten ready before he arrived at the park of course. He wore a black shirt that read "Blink if you want me" all bedazzled, white ripped jeans, and black shoes. His hair was spiked up. He wore glitter on his face and hair. Now all he had to do was wait.

Alec looked at the clock. 5:30 it read. Good, Alec thought, there is still time. He quickly dried off and threw the towel on his bed.

    He threw on dark black jeans, a gray shirt, black boots, and a black jacket. He grabbed his weapons belt and put two seraph blades on each side. He shoved his steele in his pocket and left.

He arrived at the park and looked around. He took his phone out of his pocket to check the time. 6:45. Was he here too early.

    "Alec!" Yelled a voice, "over here."

    Alec turned around and saw Magnus standing up and waving his hand at him.

    "Magnus," Alec said walking over to him.Alec kissed Magnus on his cheek. "Feeling better?" He asked.

    "Yeah," he said. "That's why I planned a date to thank you. Come on sit."

    Magnus opened the picnic basket and started to take out the food he had made or ordered or "borrowed". He served Alec some food and poured him some champagne.

    They were talking and eating when Alec heard a scream. Alec jumped to his feet and looked at Magnus to see him on his feet again.

    He heard it again. Alec ran to where the noise came from. He saw a lady looking at the demon. She could obviously see the demon she must've had the sight.

    Alec got in front of her and stared at the demon. He pulled out to seraph blades. "Michael! Gabriel!" He yelled.

     He ran towards the demon and tried to stab it but it smacked him. Alec's back hit a tree. He saw Magnus trying to distract him and fight him.

    It was good enough for Alec. He got to his feet and leaped into the air. He drove a seraph blade in it's back and the other one on it's side. Black ichor poured out of it's wounds then it jerked and it went everywhere.

    "Thank you," said lady, "thanks for saving my life." By looking at the lady Alec could tell why she could see demons. She was part faerie which she probably didn't know about.

    "No problem," Alec said. "Just stay safe out there." She nodded and quickly walked away.

    "Stupid demon ruined our date," Alec heard Magnus say under his breath.

    "It didn't ruin our date," Alec said, "it just made it more interesting."

   Magnus smiled. "I like interesting," Magnus said.

    Alec pressed his lips on Magnus' lips. He pulled away. "Let's go finish our date," Alec said.

    Alec and Magnus walked together. Their fingers intertwined back to finish their date.