Chapter 2: Kiss and Tell

Alec woke up and looked at the clock. 9:30 read the clock.

    "Shit," Alec said in a whisper trying not to wake up Magnus. "I never went home."

    He carefully unwrapped Magnus' arms from himself and jumped out of bed.

    He quickly put on his boots and coat. Then threw the scarf around his neck. He left a note in the kitchen. Then quickly ran into the room and landed a quick kiss on his cheek.

He entered the Institute trying to be undetected. He rode up on the elevator. Church layed curled up in the corner.

    "Church is anyone awake?" He asked the cat. The cat pawed at him to go away.

    Then he heard a voice say "Yes there is."

Magnus woke up to see no one was on his bed except his cat. "Chairman Meow Meow, he left didn't he," said Magnus. The cat just looked at him and went back to sleep.

    He got off of bed and went into the kitchen. He snapped his finger and a coffee appeared on the table. He noticed there was a note on there.

  Sorry, I had to leave in such a hurry. I enjoyed staying with you last night. We should do it again. Meet me at Taki's diner tonight around 7:30, see you there.
                 -xoxo Alec

    He placed the note back on the table and drank his coffee. He thought of Alec and what happened last night. He wanted to see Alec again but knew he couldn't. Magnus knew he was falling for him. He told himself he wouldn't love another mortal again.

Alec turned around to see his mother standing there.

    "Mom what are you doing awake?" Alec asked.

    "Alec it's 10:00 you didn't think I would be awake," she said.

    Right, Alec thought, I'm such an idiot.

    "What were you doing outside?" Maryse asked.

    Alec was a horrible at liar. He had always been. He couldn't even think of a good lie.

    "He was with me," said Clary as she exited the elevator. "I asked him to meet me outside for training, he's teaching me how to shoot."

    "Ya," Alec said, "I just forgot to change and left the equipment in here."

    Clary nodded. Then she said "Jace will teach me how to fight and Izzy and Simon will just watch, I'll meet you outside Alec."

    Alec quickly got dressed and grabbed his bow and quiver filled with arrows.

    When he got outside he saw that everyone was waiting for him.Together they walked silently to where they would train.

    Clary was the first to break the silence. "So where were you really last night?" Clary asked.

    "None of your business," said Alec.

    "Well it is my business because I saved your ass," said Clary.

    "Fine," said Alec "but first I need to tell you something really important." He took a deep breath and just blurted it out. "I'm gay." He looked at everyone to see their expression.

    "I already knew," Izzy said,"you told me once when you had drunken too much wine."

    "So did I," said Clary, "it's pretty obvious, plus I asked Izzy."

    Simon just said "That's so cool."

    Jace said "As long as you know who you are, I'm fine with it."

    After all of that he told them what happened the night before and about going to Taki's Diner.

That night Alec got dressed quickly. He put on jeans, a black long sleeved shirt, and some boots.

    He hurried to Taki's Diner 10 minutes before 7:30. He waited for him to come excitedly.

    Everytime the waitress came he'd shoo her saying he was waiting for someone.

By 9:00 he still hadn't shown. He looked at the clock. Wondering if something was wrong. He sat there and put his head on the table not letting his tears come out of his eyes.