Chapter 2 - Blinded

I laid in ray's bed under the blankets, covering my ears so I couldn't hear what was going on in the hallway. I hate seeing ray when he's mad because he goes on a rampage. But he was only protecting me.

I felt the covers being pulled off of me, but I kept my eyes closed and my ears covered.

"Ramya." ray said, lightly pulling my hands from my ears.

I looked up at him and sat upright.

"Is it over?" I asked.

I saw a small cut under his eye but i didn't ask about it. he gave me a soft smile. "yeah, everything's over." he reassured me. "for now."

I sighed and he sat beside me on the bed.

I leaned my head on his shoulder.

It was a comfortable silence for a few seconds, but I broke it.

"Ray?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think dad will ever come back for us?" I asked.

I looked at him and he stared off as if he was thinking.

"Well, there's a possibly he could, but I doubt it. it's been 3 years straight and he hasn't showed up since he and mom split up."

I bit my bottom lip. "I miss him ray."

He put his arm around my shoulder. "yeah me to. it hasn't been the same."

I glanced over at the clock on his night stand. it was 11:39 P.M

"Where is mom?" I asked,

He humped his shoulders "probably out getting-"

"OH MY GOSH MIKE!" mom's voice flooded the house.

I heard ray groan and he got up from the bed walking to the door. "Well wherever she was, she's back now."

I got up and quickly followed him.

We walked out into the hallway were mike laid out on the floor with bruises on his face.

Some of the pictures that were supposed to be on the walls were now broken or on the floor.

My mother kneeled beside mike with a a 8 pack of bud light beer.

"I knew she was out getting something for him." I said to myself.

I looked up at ray and he was smirking .

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO TO HIM RAY!" my mother yelled in anger.

"You need to be asking yourself what does that bastard do to Ramya when your gone." ray said answering her question with a question.

"I DON'T GIVE A FUCK! WHAT DID YOU DO!?" she yelled getting up and dropping the beer, rushing over to ray and pushing him in the chest.

"What the hell are you yelling at me for ma?! you should be kicking that dirty rapist out of our house! he tried to fucking rape Ramya!" ray snapped.

My mom stood there and frowned. she glanced at me and shook her head, "he would never do something like that."

"WHAT DO I HAVE TO LIE ABOUT! YOU ALWAYS PUT THAT DUDE BEFORE US!" ray yelled. I could see the veins popping out of his neck.

"No the hell I don't! you know you two come before anything! but you have to get used to mike ok! we're married and that's the end if it! so stop lying on your stepfather and grow the hell up ray!"

Ray cliched his jaw and shook his head. "your blinded by this dude ma. he fucking hits you and you just brush it off like its ok." Ray sighed. "its just a matter of time before he goes to far and ends up killing you. I bet your eyes will open up then."

My mother gasped in shock. "ray!"

"Oh wait I'm sorry, even when your dead you'll still believe him over us."

My mother raised her hand and slapped him, sending his face to the side. "Don't you ever speak death upon me like that, boy!" she yelled.

Ray held his face and stared at my mother with eyes of hatred. "come on Ramya. I can't believe our OWN mother believes a man that's not even our real father over us."

I looked at her while ray took my arm and pulled me back into his room, slamming the door.

It's sucks to say, but what ray was Saying was right.

My mom is blinded by mike and she needs to open her eyes and realize his true colors.