[18] irl

lilac and grant were on the couch together, her legs on his lap. they were both on their phones, and weren't uncomfortable at all. the dogs were beside lilac, for they had warmed up quite well to her.

there was a loud knock on the door that caused lilac to jump.

she started to laugh in fits of giggles, and grant got up to open the door.

"wheres your girlfriend?!" carlos said.

"one: she's not my girlfriend. two: she can hear you, idiot. three: in the living room."

by this point lilac was calming her self down from the giggles she created.

carlos, danielle, candice, both toms, and keiynan ran into the room, overwhelming her. they skidded to a hault in front of her, smiling widely.

"hey guys!" she stood up, hugging and greeting everyone.

"oh my god you are drop dead gorgeous!" candice said, complimenting her.

"girl, you are SO much prettier." lilac scanned candice up and down.

the group of friends sat down at the dining room table, while grant was in the kitchen ordering pizza.

"hey li?" grant called and poked his head into the dining room.

"what's up?" she asked, standing up and walking into the kitchen. "what kind of pizza do you like?"

"i like-wait, why?" she furrowed her brows.

"i know what everyone else likes but not you. so.. i want to know so i can order you a pizza." he explained to her, looking in her eyes but looking away quickly.

"i..i like plain pizza." lilac was startled by his previous comment. no one had ever done something like this for her before, and the feeling was new.

"alright. by the wa-" he was cut off by carlos calling her back into the dining room. she placed a reassuring hand on his arm, and sent him a soft smile. "just tell me later."

she skipped into the dining room and chatted with her new friends.

*twenty minutes later*

the doorbell rung and grant ran to open the door. he grabbed the pizza and went back into the kitchen.

"okay.." he clapped his hands together, rubbing them.

"li, how many slices do you want?" he asked.

"look, he asked you what you wanted first. he pushed us aside, go get em girl." danielle whispered in lilac's ear, causing her to smile.

"just one please."

silence filled the air.

"just..one?" grant said, concern lacing his voice.

"yeah, i uh..i ate on the plane.." she tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear.

grant knew she was lying. he knew something was wrong, in fact that's what he was going to ask earlier. he shrugged, deciding to ask when everyone left.

he handed her a plate, with one slice.

"you want a drink?"

"water, please." grant laughed. "no, i mean a alcoholic drink."

"no, thank you." she snapped.

he surely was taken aback. "you know what? i think-i..i'm not that hungry anymore."

she stood up, and pushed her chair in, walking upstairs, leaving shock on everyone's face.

"grant, what the hell did you do?" keiynan asked.

"i don't-god, i don't fucking know!" he raised both arms in the air and sighed.

"well go fix it. we can eat on our own, we aren't babies."

he gulped, nodding. he went upstairs, and knocked on her door.