[31] irl

grant was watching lilac ball her eyes out hysterically as episode 22 played in front of them.

"no—no, she, she can't be dead. she can't be!" she covered her face. "nope! i refuse to believe it."

he comforted her the best he could. grant never saw anyone this emotionally attached to a show before. lilac wiped her tears and looked at grant, mascara running down her cheeks.

he took the pad of his thumb and cleaned up the mascara off her face.

"i really can't help you tonight."

his eyes shot wider than ever before. "wait, lilac, please. you have to."

if lilac refused to help him, he would never be able to tell her how he felt, and the plan, (already pre-made) would go off the rails.

she scratched her nose and sniffled. "fine. just, don't do anything romantic with me around because i am very much so emotional unstable."

he chuckled to himself, thinking of the plan. "i'll try,"

he dragged her out to his car and the whole time being lilac was asking questions. he placed a blindfold over her eyes after she was securely in her seat. "what's this for?"

"i don't want you to see where we are going." he replied, monotone. to lilac, it was quite scary.

he drove to a nearby beach a parked. he took her out of the car, and interlocked his arm with hers. "grant? you're scaring me." she shivered.

"are we on a beach?" he didn't reply.

"grant?" he still didn't reply. they walked through the sand and near the shore. he stopped. he pulled the blindfold off of her, and her hands immediately flew to cover her mouth.

"grant! oh my god." she ran to sit under the tent that was neat and cozy. close by, there was linen candles.

"gran-"

"let me stop you right there, lilac." he pulled her up and held her hands.

"lilac rose monet. i had you fly out for one reason, and one reason only. you are so damn oblivious, it hurts." he stifled out a laugh, nervous.
"anyways. i love someone. someone that i'd never think would come into my life in such a peculiar way. she's drop dead gorgeous, funny, smart, and has a wonderful personality."

tears started to form in lilac's eyes as she realized what was going to happen.

"lilac, i..i love you." he said, and all they could hear was the waves.

"grant.." she whispered out.

"i-" she shook her head. "i just got over the fact that you loved someone else."

"you what?"

"i had a mega celeb-crush on you, gustin. and to find out you liked-no, loved someone else? it was hard. and i just brought myself to move on." she turned around, taking her hands out of his. he walked in front of her, looking in her eyes. lilac looked back up at him, and her eyes were watery.

"can i just have some time? to think about this?"

he nodded painfully. "should i-should i go?"

she gulped and let out a shaky breath before nodding.

"i can't leave you here, you don't even kno-"

"i'll call candice or danielle and ask if i can sleep over for the night."

grant's eyes were on the brink of watering too, but he blinked so much out of shock that it disappeared.

and he walked away.