Chapter Twenty Nine | Human In A Vampire World

Over the next few days, Alaric checks in at the hospital, having an MRI which comes up fine and says that nothing is wrong with him. A vampire from long ago who knew Finn, Rebekah, Klaus and Damon came into town, looking for Finn. Bonnie's mother is dealing with her vampirism, supervised by Bonnie and Caroline. Stefan has been trying to drink in moderation with human blood which is hard for him.

Laura has been thinking about her life, her family and Elijah. After all this supernatural stuff, she has decided that she wants to move somewhere else. Elena declined coming with her when she offered but feels that her older sister would benefit from getting out of Mystic Falls.

It's her second last day in Mystic falls so she wants to help while she can. Jeremy is back so Laura, Jeremy and Elena are painting a room in the Gilbert house together

"I love you both, remember that okay?" The eldest Gilbert says, hugging them both.

"We know" Jeremy replies, smiling at his sister.

"We'll miss you but this town isn't good for you".

"It isn't good for any of us, Elena".

"I know but my life is here, my friends and I can't leave Stefan or Damon".

"Jeremy?".

"I need to be here, for Ric".

"I'm sorry if I have been an awful sister" Laura says, letting out a sigh.

"No, Laura, you are an amazing sister" Jeremy says.

"But I haven't been the most protective or wise, I haven't protected you from the supernatural things".

"It's mine to deal with, a doppelgänger is supernatural".

"Fine but I'm calling everyday and sending you gifts and you are visiting me".

Stefan walks in, his eyes looking at the walls which they were painting. "Going darker huh?".

"It's the only color we had".

"That's what happens when you decide to paint your dead guardian's room in the middle of the night".

"I don't suppose anyone tried to talk you guys out of doing this so soon".

"Nope" Laura says, painting.

"We have to keep moving. Otherwise we'll start thinking and we don't want to think".

"Want a hand?" Stefan says, looking at Elena, making the other Gilbert siblings look at each other with their eyebrows raised "So are you two like back together or something?".

"What? No we're just...".

"I was just checking up on you guys. Seeing how you were doing, after everything".

The eldest Gilbert smiles at Stefan "Thank you, Stefan".

"We're fine. But, if you are trying to be the good guy again, why don't you do the right thing and give us one day. Just one day without any vampires in it" Jeremy snaps. Laura puts her paint roller back into the container and goes after him.

-

Jeremy and his older sister, Laura walk over to the front door after the doorbell rang. Jeremy opens the door, both of them growing tense at the person there.