Chapter 2

Weeks later it was the Royal Dinner and everyone was buzzing about to my breaking point. But I couldn't get mad or Ben would be disappointed and I still needed to find something to wear.

"Wear something purple you know you want to" Carlos said while petting Dude on my bed. "I better not have fur on my bed later" I said throwing him one of the dresses. He laughed and then I sat down next to him deciding between two dresses.

"That one is nice but that one brings out your beautiful eyes" he said pushing my hair back and then Evie and Jane walked in.

     They were already dressed and Jane walked over to Carlos and gave him a kiss. I forgot to mention they're a couple they have been since last year. I chose this light green dress that Carlos said brings out my eyes and took my seat in the dining hall.

     Evie on my left and Carlos on my right and Ben and Jay in front of me Ben gives me a smile and I smile back and then he walks up to stage. Gives a short little speech gives a toast and sits back down he and Jay talk about Tourney.

     I talk with Evie a bit and then these younger girls go up to her and ask her about her dress and she walks away with them. I then give a sigh and then I hear a voice from my right and come face to face with Carlos. He asks if I'm okay I give him a shrug and then he decides to do something wicked.

     He unzips a bag containing Dude and lets him roam the dinning hall and Ben sees and gets upset and when he picks up Dude. Dude pees all over Ben and everyone starts laughing I give a little chuckle.  

     He then looks at me disappointed and shakes his head and later on as people were cleaning I go up to him.

"You've learned nothing and you've ruined this dinner and quite practically everything". He then walked away without turning back and I began to cry.

     Carlos is still there watching me cry but I didn't care he was my best friend. He then hugged me and told me it was all his fault.

Even though it was I continued to let him embrace me.

      I went to bed that night feeling bad and then at around 2 in the morning. I heard a knock on my door it was Ben apologizing.

     He told me that Carlos told him what really happened. He left afterwards but I felt relieved to know I had a good friend like Carlos.