day one.

meeting

yoongi felt a sharp pain in his leg as he tried to get up from his bed, one hand on the table and the other one holding his phone.

"fuck."

he quickly shook it off, sitting up against the wall and quickly dialed in taehyung's number. his other hand taps impatiently on his thigh as he waits for the younger to pick up.

he muttered under his breath, "god, i'm hungry." his stomach lets out a low growl and he coughs into his arm.

a low voice erupts from the phone, "hello?"

"where are you?" yoongi asks, his frown deepening. "i'm hungry. i know you said i shouldn't leave my room but i don't care, i'm gonna get something to eat downstairs, and you can't stop me."

"no! stay on the bed and rest, i'm driving to your house right now."

yoongi scrunched up his face, "and how long will that take?"

"i'm in front of your house, calm down." taehyung sighs, "...i dropped the key on the ground."

after a moment of rustling from his phone, he hears the faint sound of the front door opening from downstairs and it slamming against the wall, a small 'oops' from outside. soft footsteps erupted from the staircase.

taehyung opened the door to his bedroom, a small bag in his hand. "i bought you some food from the shop."

yoongi gave him the tiniest smile, grateful, but very hungry. "thanks."

taehyung looked over at the bedside table and frowned. "where's your medication?"

yoongi looked down and pointed across the room, taehyung following its path to see the pill bottle on the floor. "i got bored and threw it."

taehyung pressed his lips together and nodded, placing down a bag on the bedside table, walking over to pick up the almost empty bottle. yoongi grabbed the bag and peeked in.

"a muffin. not what i usually enjoy but thanks." he took it out and started taking small bites of his breakfast.

"you're welcome." taehyung grabbed the desk chair and placed it next to the bed. "have you been feeling better lately?"

yoongi continued to eat in silence, his gaze on the muffin. "i'm not sure. i don't know."

taehyung frowned, but let out a small gasp, taking out his phone.

"i almost forgot," he looks at yoongi, "my friend jungkook is coming to visit and help out. i've gotten busier now that i have a job, and the doctor said you need a caretaker."

yoongi looked up. a stranger? taking care of him? "but i don't know who he is. why would he want to help?"

taehyung put his phone in his pocket. "he's a good kid. when i told him about the situation, he offered."

"strange kid."

"he's coming by tomorrow with me. all i can ask is that you at least try to get along with the boy, okay? trust me, he's really bubbly and really cute. so adorable."

"sure." yoongi finished his muffin and wiped his hands, "wait, tomorrow? so soon?"

"of course. he said he wanted to help out as fast as possible. again, please try to talk to him. don't do what you did to that doctor that came over a few weeks ago. he said that you wouldn't cooperate with anything."

"i didn't like him."

taehyung sighed and checked the time. "so, it's time you do something, not lie down in that bed all day."

"are you my caretaker or my gym teacher?"

taehyung tugged at his blankets which yoongi grabbed so they wouldn't be pulled away from him. "c'mon, we're going into the living room."

"that's too far, there's a tv in here."

"yoongi, let's go."

yoongi sighed and slowly got up. "fine, i hope i fall down the stairs and die."

taehyung stared at him in horror.

yoongi glances at him, chuckling softly. "i was kidding."