epilogue

:: start

yoongi smiled to himself as moved a few strands of hair away from his face. letting out a tired sigh, he ran his hand through his hair.

he held a bouquet of lilies in his hand as he closed his eyes.

"jeon jungkook."

he bit his lip and felt tears start to form in his eyes. "jungkookie. it's been... a few weeks or so since i last visited you, right?"

he felt his heart drop at the memories, the thought of them, the days when yoongi still could see him.

his happy smile, his doelike eyes, his soft lips. the normal feeling that he would experience every time he visited.

"kookie, well... what to start with first?" he let out a small chuckle. "seokjin and taehyung, they got engaged. their wedding is soon, i just... they wish you could be there." he choked back a sob and let out a cough.

he let out a dry laugh. "i always wished i would be standing across from you in a tuxedo." he lowered his voice and his posture slackened. "but not like this."

he felt a small smile make its way onto his face and continued talking, "god, two years." he continued to close his eyes, as if jungkook was right in front of him, listening. "it's been two years since you left..."

yoongi wiped away a small tear that had leaked out onto his cheek and forced a half smile, looking up at the cloudless sky. "i've been meaning to tell you this, but..." he let out a shaky breath, ignoring the growing ache that settled in his heart.

"i'm leaving this town." he bit his lip and continued. "i... taehyung told me about this rapping deal, y'know... it's my chance." he finally looked at the gravestone, his eyes lingering on the words that were engraved on it.

JEON JUNGKOOK

"i don't want to leave. i swear i don't want to leave the town that i fall in love with you in, the town that i both found and lost you in. but you told me to follow my dreams, you were my hope. and i kept thinking about it every night. you told me to sacrifice everything, even you, because you believed in me."

he ignored the stream of tears that he had tried to blink back, trying to pretend he wasn't sad and continued. "i guess today's our last day together." he bit his lip to keep it from trembling and slowly placed down the lilies. "but not for forever."

"i'll come back, jungkook. i fucking swear i'll come back and never forget you."

he let out a small chuckle and wiped his tears.

"i couldn't even if i tried."

he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small velvet box, crouching down and opening it. a beautiful silver ring with the word promise on it. he grabbed the lilies and placed the ring on one of the leaves, then putting the bouquet back.

he stood up and gave the gravestone a sad smile, pushing away all the negative thoughts into the back of his head.

he glanced at the ring that was on his fourth finger. same color, but with the word smile.

"i promise i'll smile for you jungkookie. i never lie."

end.