day thirteen.

you

sometimes i want to punch myself.

why can't i tell him?

why am i so scared of telling him the truth?

jungkook slowly opened the front door, careful to not make a noise, a huge bag in his hand.

he walked in, letting a relieved breath out when he heard the muffled music from upstairs. he can't hear me. he walked over to the kitchen stool and pulled out a stack of letters from the bag, licking his lips anxiously.

one by one, jungkook.

he walked over to one of the cabinets and placed one on the second shelf. he whispered under his breath. "one." as he quietly creeped around the first floor, he would place letters around in different places, hoping Yoongi could soon find them. after placing one, he would count. at last he was left with two envelopes left, one with a huge 13 and the other with a 14.

"thirteen."

he held the last one and put it back in the bag, ready to leave with a frown. his heart dropped when he heard yoongi's music stop and footsteps. "jungkook?" he quickly hid the bag and suppressed a smile, a genuine one, this time. yoongi's face lit up and he went over to the boy. "were you here long? why didn't you come upstairs?"

he looked down.

why are you lying to him?

"i just got here." yoongi grinned. "oh, okay. i wanted to talk to you today."

jungkook pointed at the stairs, giving him a look and they both nodded, walking upstairs and into his room. taking a seat on the bed and patting the spot next to him, he sighed. after a few moments of silence, he rubbed his eyes, groaning softly.

"god, kook, i don't know how to say this."

jungkook tilted his head. "what is it?"

i know what's going to happen.

the older looked up and met jungkook's gaze. "i... i think i love you."

no.

the voice in jungkook's mind choked out a sob.

please.

jungkook felt a pain in his heart, his stomach plummet, and a frown appearing on his face. "yoongi..."

yoongi sighed and closed his eyes, "i'm sorry. it's too early, isn't it? god, i'm so stupid."

i'm so stupid.

with a heavy heart and a soft blush on his cheeks, he whispered. "yoongi... yoongi, I love you, too."

i do.

yoongi snapped his head in jungkook's direction, "really? you do?" he let relieved sigh and pulled jungkook into a hug, holding him like he was the only person in the world.

because jungkook was his world.

"yoongi, i love you so much, and i hope you know that. never forget that." yoongi nodded and melted into the tight hug, lifting his spirits. "i never will." pulling away, he continued to hold Jungkook, looking into his eyes.

"i never can." he leaned and pressed his lips against the boys' and smiled.

they pulled away slowly, staring at each other with love, as if they were in their own little world, where they had all the time in the world. where they had everything.

jungkook's smile still lingered as he turned away from the closed front door. he walked over to yoongi's mailbox and quickly put in the last letter. his eyes filled with tears as he closed the box and started walking down the street.

"goodbye, yoongi."