day two.

you

jeon jungkook felt a wave of uneasiness fall over him.

right now, he was in the passenger seat of taehyung's car and they were going to visit the boy named yoongi.

when he first had asked to help out, he'd thought taehyung would be there with him everyday, but when the older had told him that he would have to be alone with the boy, he felt slightly self-conscious.

what if yoongi turned out to hate him? he was an antisocial guy - according to taehyung, and jungkook wasn't the best at conversation.

what if yoongi didn't want a stranger to take care of him? he quickly shook those thoughts away.

soft music played through the radio and taehyung hummed along. jungkook tilted his head. he stared out the window, his eyes trailing the suburban homes, all the exact same styles.

there was something so organized and simple about the neighborhood, all the houses so clean cut, although it felt so dull.

all ordinary. all faded shades of blue. his mind seemed to drift off to somewhere as his eyes stared at the cloudy sky. before he knew it, the car had parked in front of a pale blue house. "we're here, jungkook." he was about to leave the car when taehyung grabbed his arm.

"wait. i just have to tell you something about yoongi."

he stared at the front window of the home. "he's really - how do you call it - moody? i don't know."

taehyung chews on his lower lip. "it's just that ever since he was ill, his personality has changed."

his voice got softer and he turned to jungkook. "it's getting better, but, he will be a bit... you know what i mean, don't you?"

jungkook nodded, "of course. no doubt he would be a bit different, due to not being able to go outside for weeks and such. events can change you."

jungkook looked away from taehyung's strong gaze, "should we go in?"

"yeah."

taehyung and jungkook got out of the car and taehyung took out his key. "i wonder what he's doing right now."

after unlocking it, they walked inside. naturally, jungkook felt a bit out of place. first, this wasn't his house. second, this wasn't his friends house, either. this was min yoongi's house. a guy he'd never met before.

taehyung walked up the stairs with a brown bag, "c'mon. he's upstairs."

jungkook hesitated, but went after him. soon they reached yoongi's room, the door wide open. the tv was on and a show was playing.

jungkook widened his eyes at the boy sleeping in the large bed. he had milky white skin and fluffy black hair. there was a groan and the boy tossed and turned. "what're you-"

his eyes caught an unfamiliar figure.

it's him. god damn it, yoongi, this is a really bad first impression.

"you're jungkook, right?" he said, his voice husky and surprisingly deep. He pushed off the blankets and sat up against the wall, rubbing his eyes. jungkook nodded, "yeah. nice to meet you, yoongi."

taehyung grabbed the TV remote and started surfing through the channels at a very quick speed. "wow, nothing to watch. too bad. so," he clapped his hands and smiled, "i need to grab something from the car."

yoongi scoffed. "why didn't you bring it on your way in?"

taehyung shrugged, "i forgot."

jungkook turned to him, "do you need help?"

"no, no. you stay here and get to know each other." soon, he had closed the door and the two were alone in silence.

jungkook turned to yoongi, "u-um, so..." his voice drifted off, not knowing what to say to the guy.

yoongi rubbed his eyes, studying the doe eyed boy. taehyung was right. he really was adorable.

jungkook fiddled with his hands. "what should we do?" jungkook's cheeks flushed with red at hearing his own words.

yoongi almost smiled. he looks so awkward. he stretches his arms and sighs. but in a good and cute way.

he sat up and moved around the blankets so he could relax. he turned to the boy.

"jungkook, let's just ask each other questions. to 'get to know each other.'"

"sure, start."

"why are you taking care of me?"

jungkook felt a bit uncomfortable with the blunt question. it should be an easy answer, right?

"just helping out a friend, y'know?"

yoongi licked his chapped lips and sighed. "but you don't even know me. you just met me. why should you need to help me?"

jungkook quietly stared at his hands. he murmurs, "i'm helping taehyung."

yoongi nodded. see? he's not helping me, but taehyung.

suddenly, the door slammed open, causing them to jump a bit. yoongi glared at an embarrassed taehyung, "yah, how about open the door slowly next time?"

taehyung laughs, "sorry."

yoongi blinked. "What did you need from the car?" yoongi stared at Taehyung's empty hands.

"it doesn't look like you were getting anything." taehyung gave them a sheepish smile, "i forgot it at home."

yoongi mentally facepalmed himself.

"i'll go get something from the kitchen. sorry for interrupting your chat."

he slowly closed the door, cupping his ear on the door and listening to their conversation. maybe it'll work out.