Part 16: Connected

Claire POV

The next day, I found out that we had a class together with the Elite. May mga klase kami na kung saan makakasama ng mga nobles ang mga Elites. I was not fond of the idea that I got to see him again. Nalilito ako sa mga kinikilos niya.

Pagkatapos ng scene sa may hallway mas iniiwasan ko na siya.

May pagkakataon na nakikita ko siya pero bago pa man niya ako makita ay lumiliko na ako ng daan o magtatago nalang ako.

You've been ignoring him. My conscience told me.

Yes, because I'm scared, what if he found out that it was me? balik kong tanong.

So? Is there something to fear? Besides, you ran away from him before he could speak.  Dapat binigyan mo siya ng pagkakataon na magpaliwanag. 

Napangiwi ako. My conscience is right. 

I sighed.

When I came inside the class everyone was busy with their own things. I could perfectly see some of them making themselves pretty. Yung iba natatarantang inaayos ang sarili nila.

Sana, mapansin na ako ni Prince Luke

Mapapansin nila akong lahat...

Ako pinakamaganda sa ating lahat.

 I was amazed kung gaano pinaghahandaan ng mga estudyante ang pagdating ng mga Elites.

Umiling nalang ako. Umupo ako sa upuan ko sa may likuran. Then I heard screams and squeaks- 

The Elites...Andito na sila.

Biglang umingay ang paligid.

Then I saw him looking at me, I couldn't just compete with his gaze. Ako na ang unang umiwas.

Storm POV

I saw her. Her eyes – I just know that it was her. At first, I thought that it was not her but during that time in the cafeteria where she and her friends shared a table with us. Nagkaroon ako ng mas madaming oras na matitigan ang kanyang mga mata, nakikita ko din na iniiwasan niya na tumingin sa akin.

She's avoiding me...

I'm confused during that time - what if it's not her? It is just coincidence that they just had the same eye color? Nakakunot – noo ako nang mga oras na iyon. Nagtatalo ang kalooban ko.

But now, I'm so sure that it was really her.

Hindi ako maari magkamali. I confirmed to myself that it was truly her when we bumped into each other in the hallway the other day.

----------------------------------

Flashback

I was alone walking in the hallway, busy reading a book when Claire bumped into me- she lost her balance but before she could fall.

I quickly caught her with my two strong arms. 

Ang kamay nito ay mabilis na pumulupot sa akin batok.

Parang may magnet na nag-uudyok sa akin tignan ang mga mata. 

While looking at her, my heart started to beat.

I stared at her beautiful eyes – It was the same feeling I felt to that beautiful girl.

It's her. 

The same eyes that I would never forget. She was the girl at the tree the other day. Nung una palang  may suspesta na ako na siya yun.

Even though I knew that she was the girl, I still pretended that I didn't know about it.

What confused me was that bakit kailangan niya itago ang kanyang tunay na mukha? May tinatago ba siya?

Someday...

I'll wait for her to tell me the truth but for now, ayos na sa akin na malaman.

She's the first girl who took my breath away...