Part 31 : Leveling Exam

Pagkapasok na pagkapasok namin sa loob ng room. We sensed that something was not right. Our teacher was not here yet and everyone was silent.

Kasabay ng pag-upo namin ay siyang pagdating ng mga student body council, James and Tanya were also there. They told everyone that we would be having a leveling exam and it would take place this afternoon at the Gymnasium.

"What's a leveling exam?" usisa ko kina Vian and Krsitine..

"A leveling Exam, is where you get to show your powers and this is also where the headmaster get to evaluate you. This is a chance for you to level up your class" Kristine explained.

"Leveling exam is not an easy test, you'll be undergoing to several exams- First we have the intelligence exam (they would ask you some several questions), the ability exam (where you need to show your ability as a magic holder), and if you acquired high scores for this two exams you'll level up. But then again, we have the secret exam (this is an exam that only the headmaster knows and nobody actually passed this exam), if you pass this exam without passing the two exams, you'll automatically level-up." Vian expounded.

"Really? Paano na ako? I don't know my powers" nanlulumo kong sabi.

"Don't worry. For this leveling exam, you'll be doing it with groups. For each group there should be 7 members." pagpapaliwanag nila.

"Wow, that great news although kahit na I don't want to be a burden to my groupmates beside who would like me to be a part of their groups?" I asked doubtfully.

"Don't be silly! You have us and besides you're smart. Kahit wala ka pang powers you could help in the intelligence exam. So cheer up, okay?" pagpapasaya sa akin ni Kristine.

"What about the Elites? They are already in the top of the pyramid. So are they still allowed to join to in the Leveling exam?" 

"Yes, they are still allowed to join actually although this has nothing to do them. Pero they had the freewill to do whatever they want"

"Although last year they did not join, I just don't know if this year they will join the leveling exam"

"Ah, okay." 

---------------

Everyone was busy, then Sarah came to us. She gave me a glare and smirked. "I will destroy you and be careful, dahil once na natalo ko kayong lahat, I'll be an Elite. You'll all bow down to me"

"In your dreams witch" Vian scoffed.

"What did you say?" naghihimutok na sagot ni Sarah.

 "Bakit ko ba kayo papatulan? You have no chance of winning, you guys are below the pyramid. You got nothing. A powerless witch, a low-profile weaklings. Goodluck kung may papatol na sumali sa grupo niyo" she laughed evilly.

"Why you – sino ba pinagmamalaki mo?" nagagalit sa sabi ni Vian.

"Edi sino pa? Nasa sa grupo ko lang naman si Edmund and Joseph, top achievers sa novice class and I also have Tanya in my group" nagmamalaki niyang sabi. 

"Osiya, I need to see my group members, see you later!" she flipped her hair at maarte itong naglakad palayo.

I sighed heavily. "She got a point, malakas ang kampo niya"

Sinapok ako ni Vian, "Aww, what's that for?"

"Para magising ka, huwag ka ngang paranoid. Hindi pa nagstastart, napanghihinaan ka na ng loob diyan" inis na pahayag ni Vian.

Napasigaw kami sa gulat when suddenly someone appeared before us "Hello ladies". 

It was none other than Luke.

 "I heard you my Milady, and I'm here to help you. I would gladly be a part of your group" he winked before us then left in an instance.

Ang bilis ng pangyayari.

We were speechless, si Vian ang unang nakabawi. "Girl, Si Luke part siya ng group natin, we're so suwerte!!!" natutuwang sabi ni Vian.

Then, we saw Mica and Jenny running toward us. They also volunteered to be a part of our group.

Hindi mapigilan nina Vian and Kristine na sumayaw sa tuwa.

"We're so excited!! Once na nanalo kayo you could be a part of the Elite, isn't that amazing." excited na sagot ni Jenny.

"We're gonna kick their ass" Mica said confidently.

"Too bad, Josh won't be able to join because he was assigned in the medical team. They will be needing his healing abilities." malungkot na saad ni Mica.

"We just need one more member!" Vian said happily.

"Maybe Storm could join our group then we could be a power house , we have four Elites in our group" excited na sabi ni Kristine.

Mica and Jenny were silent. It felt that they were hiding something.

" Claire!" someone shouted my name, lumingon ako sa tumawag sa aking pangalan.  

It was James.

"Claire, do you still need a member? I would like to join your group"

I hesitated. I was expecting Storm but then again James was the first one to asked and so I said yes.

"Great! See you later!" masayang pahayag nito then lef hurriedly dahil kailangan pa daw nito mag attend ng council meeting.

"Aww too bad, it wasn't Storm. I was expecting Storm to ask us but James is still a good catch" Kristine rubbed her chin while talking.

"Don't bother" Mica suddenly said. Her face suddenly darkened. "He already have a group"

"Kaninong group?" untag ko, feeling a little bit anxious.

"Sarah's Group" Jenny said weakly.

We were all quiet. We were absorbing about what we found out.

My body tensed and my feet trembled, I felt weak and any minute I would collapse.

 Jenny held my hand and she smiled at me weakly. They were all looking at me

I smiled back. "I'm okay guys."

Deep inside, I was not okay, I felt a painful pung in my heart. Why Storm? I sadly asked to myself.