He Isn't Good

Chapter 8

My thoughts trailed back to my heated kiss with Will yesterday. It was just like I remembered and that's what was scaring me. This was the game I've been waiting for and yet I feel as if it's tearing me apart either way. I press my fingers against my lips as I settle into my seat in class. Snapping me out of my thoughts was a slam in front of me from a teacher slamming his books on the counter. Elijah, as I looked up to meet his eyes glaring into mine. But I quickly turned my attention to the petite blonde skipping gleefully into the room with a sexy looking Starbucks drink in her hand.

"Since you seem to be needing coffee these days, I figured I'd bring one specially for you." She smiled brightly as I returned a small smile.

"Thanks Ar, you're the best." I say taking it from her outstretched hand and placed it in front of me.

"Of course I am." She giggled a bit before finally sitting down next to me and leaned in. "But seriously, are you okay? You looked really bad yesterday..."

"Gee thanks." I scoff taking a sip from my coffee.

"And you have a bruise on your face today. What happened?" She pushed. Dammit I missed when she actually minded her own business. Just then the door suddenly opened revealing a very bruised Andrew. Poor thing.

"It was just an accident. Nothing... big." I smirk as he passed by me. Which Aria seemed to notice.

"Did you-" She started but I pressed my finger to her lips as the final bell went off.

"Ah ah class is starting." Ignoring her stares I turn back to Elijah who was still glaring. I ignored it and gave him a cocky smile even though I was still a bit hurt by his reaction but that should've been expected and like that, the class went on.

When the final bell went off Elijah decided me sneezing in the middle of class was a means for me to get detention with him at lunch. Which as much as I'd enjoy his very jolly self, Aria was still on the hit list in this school so I didn't like leaving her to sit alone at lunch again. "Ar will you be okay at lunch without me?" I whispered as we packed our things to leave class.

"You can't protect me 24/7, Alex. I'll be fine. I have your number I'll call you if I need you." She assured me. Somewhere deep inside me wanted to just hug her and force her to come with but I couldn't. She knew I couldn't and that was why she was trying to act okay.

"Alright. Thank you again for the coffee. Hopefully I'll be actually alive today." I chuckled, stealing glances at Elijah erasing the board.

"No problem at all. What are friends for?" She smiled brightly and I gladly returned it as we left to our next classes.

I stood outside the art room for a couple seconds almost afraid to see Will but managed to move my feet towards my seat next to him and smiled.

"What're you so happy about?" Will smirked.

"Minus detention my days off to a good start." I grinned.

"Why'd you get detention?" Will asked seeming surprised.

"I fucking sneezed and that asshole just told me he'll see me in his class for lunch." I groaned making Will chuckle.

"Well someone's been a bad boy." He whispered by my ear before continuing, "Maybe I'll see some more of that at my place? Hmm?"

I blushed feeling his lips lightly graze my ear. I almost moaned but caught myself and shuddered. "Maybe." I teased.

But suddenly I felt like I was doing something wrong. I stared at him just smiling down at me and it felt weird. He was weird and I couldn't help it when I lifted my hand up to touch his cheek lightly. It didn't feel warm and neither did his hand when it smacked mine away. "Not the place Alex." Will hissed. Like that I was reminded of who he really was.