Chapter 4

Hayes P.O.V

I opened the door to see Nicole and her mom. I was so excited, but then I noticed how pretty Nicole looked with her blue shorts and white tank top with her blue and white vans with her hair in a neat but messy side braid. I think she noticed I was staring at her because she gave me a weird look, luckily Nash came down just in time.

"Hayes who's at the door?" he asked

"NICOLE!" Nash yelled and answered his own question in the process

Nash gave her a big hug and gave her mom a hug as well. When Nash went to get my mom I took Nicole upstairs where Carter and Denise were.

Nicole P.O.V

Hayes took me upstairs where two people were.

"Guys I would like to introduce you to my childhood friend and new neighbour Nicole." Hayes said

"Hey, I'm Carter and this is my sister Denise" he said pointing to a girl who looked similar to him.

"Hi nice to meet you" I said trying too sound sweet.

Then my phone started to ring but I just ignored it. Then someone rang the doorbell and came to where we all were. I was shocked to see that it was Shawn, Cameron and Matt. I looked over and saw Denise's face light up when she saw Matt but quickly hid her emotions.

"Hey Nicole" Shawn said

"Hey Shawn" I replied

"You two know each other?" Hayes asked confused

"Ya we met on the plain ride here" I replied right as my mom said in had to go.

Before I went I asked Denise if she wanted to come over and help me get my room set-up and to hang out. By the time we finished setting up my room we were both hungry so we went to get some frozen yogurt. Denise was a little shorter then me, she wore black shorts with a red tank top and black vans. Her long black hair was straightened and went down to where here rib cage ended. She wore glasses but she could pull it off. After we walked about half a mile we reached the frozen yogurt shop and I was so excited to see that they had a candy bar.

"Candy!" I squealed

"We have to get some" Denise said and I agreed.

We ended up just getting a bag of random candy. As we walked back to my house we just talked.

"You know Hayes totally likes you" Denise said

"Yeah right" I replied

"Seriously, he always talks about you and every once and a while he go's on your instagram" She said

"Whatever" I said

We walked a bit more until we saw that Carter and the rest of the boys were leaving so I said goodbye to Denise and went into my house and straight into my room. I looked at my clock and it was 12 in the morning so I decided to shower. I took a rather quick shower and blow dried my hair and went to bed.

Hayes P.O.V

Nicole and Denise where barely gone 5 minutes when The boys stared at me.

"You like her" Matt teased

"Do not" I shot back

"Okay so you wouldn't mind if I asked her out?" Shawn asked

"Ask her out and I kill you" I shot back

"Aww whittle Hayes has a whittle crush" Matt laughed

"Well at least I don't have a crush on my best friends sister" I said loud enough so that only Matt heard me

"What did you say Hayes?" Carter asked

"Nothing" I replied back a little to quickly.

"Well I better get going it's getting late" Carter said and the rest of the boys agreed

After everyone left I decided to watch t.v because I couldn't sleep. I was to excited about how tomorrow my family and Nicole's family was going out to dinner.

Nicole P.O.V

I woke up to people screaming at each other. I new it was my parents because they always fought when at least one of them were drunk. I quickly went downstairs to make sure that they didn't kill each other since they almost did before. My mom saw me out the corner of her eye and mouthed leave. I quickly ran into my room and changed out of my fuzzy pink shorts and into some black yoga shorts, I put on a purple and white stripped zip up sweatshirt over my bark purple tank top and slip on my black vans. I quickly put my hair in a ponytail and ran out of my house. I didn't know where to go since usually when this happened I went to Caitlynne's house so I just looked around. Then something caught my eye I saw that there were lights on and Hayes' house, so quickly ran and knocked his door. Luckily he quickly answered the door and looked a little shocked when he saw me but then I explained everything to him and he said he remembered from when we were little and I how in the middle of the night I would have to go and sleep at his house. I swear my heart skipped a beat when he said that, I can't believe he remembered.

"You wanna go for a walk?" he asked

" At three in the morning?" I asked confused

"Sure why not" he replied

"Ok then let's go" I said

Hayes looked cute in his black basketball shorts and his blue t-shirt. He was a few inches taller then me but I didn't mind, it made me feel safe.

"You feel safe around me?" Hayes asked

"What?" I asked confused

"You just said that you felt safe around me"  Hayes replied

I looked down knowing my checks were getting pink.