Serpent (Part 2) - JJ 👑

THIRD PERSON

You make it to Lodge's, where you pretty much lived since your mother's a drunk and your father is never around. You bang on the front door and a sleepy Veronica it. She immediately perks up when she sees you, heaving your chest and sobbing.

"Oh my god. Mum! Quick." Veronica guides you in, an arm around your shoulder as you stumble, your vision blurry.

"Veronica, what's going on?" Hermione walks downstairs in a dressing down, frazzled. She notices you and quickly rushes over, sitting you on the couch as Veronica grabs a glass of water. "Y/N, it's okay, sweetie. Deep breaths and close your eyes. You're safe now. Ronnie and I are here. Everything is okay." Hermione coos, grabbing your hands and breathing in and out rhythmically, so you can follow her breathing pattern. You finally calm down after ten minutes and chug down the glass of water Veronica offered you.

"What happened, honey?" Veronica asks, stroking your hair as you hug her. You let go and take another deep breath before you begin explaining what happened with Jughead.

"Jughead promised he'd be back at ten. He came back at one and I was crying because I was so worried about him. He'd been drinking and doing drugs, he was almost shot the other day! Of course, I'd be worried. I said he'd been doing this since he joined the Serpents and he went off at me, saying that he was just one of my projects and that I didn't know what love was. That my fake crying was pathetic and that the only people who cared about him were the Serpents." You feel a tear slip down your cheeks. Hermione quickly brushes it away. "Then I said that if the Serpents actually cared about him, they wouldn't let him do that stuff and that I didn't want him to end up like Jason Blossom." You shakily breathe in again. "Then he got angry and punched the wall behind me, I was so scared. I thought he was going to hit me." Your voice cracks, tears dripping down your face again. "I thought he was actually going to physically hurt me. So I freaked out and punched him before running here." You cry into Ronnie's shoulder. Veronica clung onto you for dear life, making sure you were okay.

"Y/N, sweetie. I think this is something you should discuss with Veronica by yourselves, but if you do ever feel threatened again, you're always able to come here." Hermione kisses your forehead, smiling softly and walking back upstairs. You turn back to Veronica and she rubs your back.

"Y/N, Jughead would never harm you. He loves you and he was very angry." You scoff softly.

"He doesn't love me, he never loved me in the first place. Besides he's not the old Jughead anymore, he would obviously not hesitate to hit me, Ronnie." Veronica shakes her head.

"Of course he loves you! You guys are soulmates. He would never hit you. Who defended you when your mum was screaming at you while drunk?" You sigh.

"Juggy." You whisper softly.

"Who's the one who defended you when Reggie kept hitting on you?"

"Juggy."

"Who's the one who keeps taking polaroids of you and the only excuse he has is so that in a hundred years, they can know what true beauty looks like?" You giggle softly at the memory.

"Juggy." Veronica grins.

"That's right." You bite your lip.

"What am I going to do at school tomorrow, Ronnie?"

"You're going to stick with Betty, Kevin and I while Jughead and Archikins have a long talk." Veronica grabs her phone and texts Archie before putting her phone. "Now come on, I don't have a queen-sized bed for nothing." I laugh softly as she drags me upstairs and into her bedroom. I frown slightly.

"Ronnie, what about clothes? And my books?"

"You can wear some of my clothes tomorrow and we'll pick your stuff up from Archie's after the boys have left for school. Now hop in and go to sleep. You must be very tired." Veronica's right. As soon as your head hit the pillow, you fall asleep. You feel Veronica pull you into a hug before you find yourself in a deep sleep

THE FOLLOWING DAY

You wake up and have a shower. Veronica lends you some clothes and it's a slow start to the day. Your argument with Jughead had clearly spread throughout the gang like wild fire because Betty and Kevin refused to talk to Jughead. Archie sat with Jughead and started talking to him what happened last night. You walk down the hall by yourself since your class is on the opposite side of the school to Betty, Kevin and Veronica. You pass by Reggie and he laughs. You feel steely eyes on you as you continue walking.

"Hey Serpent Slut." You didn't say anything, you just kept walking.

Word Count: 830 words