~Interlude Part 1~

Song is "Everything Has Changed" by Taylor Swift (Ft. Eddie).

This is the Sebastian's story now...I know the giant just has a way of taking over everything and anything. Geez.

His story will start the day of the accident and go forward. :)

MyraWards 

And

 @Solesister71 

~ make sure to check out their awesome books as they are some of my faves!

______________________________________

March 12, 2016 1:30 p.m.

The buzzer shrieked, signaling the start of the second half of the game. But this wasn't any ordinary game.

This was for the state championship.

The scoreboard showed us up by seven points, and we should have been satisfied with that spread. Only we were playing against the Parkway Griffins, and it was widely known that they didn't get this far this season by their ability.

These assholes liked to cheat. When that didn't work, they would foul like crazy. Good thing Parkway had a bench of almost fifteen deep because, by the end of the final buzzer, they would have used them all up.

The referee's shrill whistle sounded, and everyone on the court stopped running toward the other end. I turned, spotting my best friend, Kyle Ryan lying on the hardwood with his arms tucking the basketball close to his body. From my guesstimate, the opposing team's guard must have fumbled the ball while dribbling and Kyle gained control by throwing himself on top of it.

Parkway's center, a beast by the name of Shawn, strode in Kyle's direction and made the mistake of kicking his back. I saw my best friend stiffen and the jerk that hit him turned to his teammates and smirked. When he faced the referee though, he tried portraying a different story.

"It was an accident, I swear," Shawn said with his hands raised. The ref was shaking his head at the player and was already in the midst of walking toward the scorekeeper to report what the prick had done.

Dylan Starsky helped Kyle to stand, so I took it upon myself to help in a different way.

I stood beside Shawn, number sixteen and nudged his arm. "You pull that bullshit again, and I'll make sure they're taking you out of here on a stretcher."

"Whatever, Birch." Shawn twisted away, and I grabbed him by the shoulder.

"Try me, and we'll see what happens," I growled, and he forced a huff before stomping toward his team's bench.

"Let's go Knights. Let's go!" the crowd in the stands collectively chanted, prompted by the cheerleaders.

After hurrying back to my teammates, Coach Larson started, "Obviously, things are only going to get worse from here." The coach's dark eyes scanned the five of us, almost warning us of what was to come. "They haven't lost one game this year, and I guess we know why."

Owen forced a cough, followed by a loud, "cheaters." From where I stood, it gave me the distinct advantage of seeing most of the players from the opposing team. Shawn and another scrawny player with the name Stewart on his jersey turned in our direction.

"He's talking about you," I mouthed while pointing to Owen. Shawn shook his head and flipped me off while the other kid seemed to act oblivious.

I laughed to myself as Coach kept yammering. The murmurings from the crowd kept getting louder. It was understandable considering a lot was riding on this game. Two rows of cheerleaders stood before our side's bleachers, performing some cheer I'd heard a thousand times before to get everyone pumped. My attention jumped from each set of pom poms until I found the only one I cared to see.