It Wasn't Just a Drunken Night- Chapter 7

A/N: 

Hey! So, I'm extremely tired and kind of going through a writer’s block phase right now, so sorry if this chapter is a little short. I'm not sure, something might inspire me as I'm writing so it might end up being extremely long. Anyways, here's Chapter 7 of It Wasn't Just a Drunken Night!!! Enjoy! 

~~~~

*Dan's POV*

I crawled into Phil’s arms and curdled my head into the crook of his neck. I couldn’t have been so sure of myself, yet I felt so unsure at the same time. The awkwardness between Phil and I had gone away just like that. I finally came to realize how I truly felt about Phil this whole time. But, I couldn’t help but wonder if this was what I really wanted.

Did I really like Phil the way I thought I did, or was it just an excuse my mind was making up to fill that empty spot by my side since Jenna left? I mean, I’ve known Phil for such a long time and only came to notice these feelings now?

But, as I looked up at Phil, his deep crystal blue eyes locking with my muddy brown ones, I realized that these feelings that I had for Phil were always there. Ever since I met Phil, the feelings developed deep inside me, and my mind was too afraid to release them into my heart. It wasn’t until the kiss that my mind finally gave in and let my heart realize that I’ve had feelings for my best friend, Phillip Michael Lester, this whole time. And, the best thing was, he wasn’t just my best friend anymore, he was now my boyfriend.

I noticed that Phil and I were just staring into each other’s eyes so I quickly leaned in and pecked his lips, smiling shyly. “What?” Phil laughed at my sudden affection towards him. I just shook my head and entwined our fingers together. “Nothing, it’s just I can’t believe we didn’t do this sooner,” my smile never left my face, “I think I always liked you deep down but my mind never let me admit it. I can’t believe that only a kiss between us would’ve gotten me to realize what I really wanted.”

Phil just giggled and pulled my closer into his chest, looking over my head at the clock. “It’s already 3:15am, we should go to bed,” he sighed, beginning to get up so he could head to his bedroom. But, I quickly grabbed his arm and pulled him back next to me. “You know this sofa is too big for just one person,” I spread myself out onto the soft material, “And, I’m not planning on getting up anytime soon.”

Phil shook his head in amusement before turning himself to face me. I pulled a blanket over the both of us and grabbed his hand underneath it. He looked into my eyes and I looked back into his, grinning lightly at how tired he looked. “Go to sleep,” I leaned over to him and kissed the top of his head, “You look so tired.” He pouted at me and I giggled, “But, I don’t want to lose sight of you,” he put out a puppy dog face. I laughed a little louder before quieting down squeezing his hand a little tighter. “You’ll see me in your dreams,” I whispered and that was all it took. I watched as he slowly began to shut his eyelids and fall into a deep slumber, a smile still spread on his lips.

I continued watching him for several minutes, observing all of his perfect features. Obviously, he wasn’t the best looker in the world to other people but to me all of his flaws and imperfections only made him more amazing to me. He was literally the most perfect creature in the world to me.

He was extremely awkward and antisocial, but that was his personality, and it was perfect. His eyes were perfect, his hair was perfect, his body was perfect, and his voice was perfect, his existence was perfect. He was perfect. As creepy as he sounded, he really was perfect.

I turned onto my back, not breaking my hand from Phil’s, and stared up at the ceiling. The window which shades I didn’t bother to close slightly illuminated it and I could see lights flash as cars sped by lightly illuminated it.

I honestly wasn’t tired at all, I was actually wide-awake, not one bit of exhaustion in me. For the past two weeks I’ve been sleeping through the daytime and staying awake during the night. I became more of a night owl than I had been before. There was nothing else to do because Phil and I obviously weren’t able to keep a conversation up, so I just slept all my free time away.

I listened to the hushed sound of Phil’s breathing as he slept. I just thought of random things, none of them actually making any sense. Suddenly I heard Phil begin to quietly mumble in his sleep.

I retained my giggle, knowing that I would wake him up instantly and he wouldn’t enjoy that. I began to listen carefully, trying to make out the words that he muttered under his breath. “Dan please,” I began to make out the word, “Please don’t.”

My eyes widened but I didn’t make a sound, trying my hardest not to make him wake up. “Dan, don’t leave me,” his breathing grew uneven and shaky, “Please, don’t do this. We can work through it.”

I realized exactly what was happening in his dream and my heart plummeted down to my stomach. Why would he be dreaming about me leaving him? Was he unsure of how I actually felt towards him? No, he couldn’t have; I made my feelings for him clear. Why would he think about me leaving him?

~~~~

Done! Okay, guys I have an important question for you. Well, it’s not really a question but it kind of is. Anyways, I’m beginning to really lose interest in writing this story, but I still enjoy writing it. I’m just getting a lot of writer’s block while writing this and I don’t feel inspired when I write this. But, I feel like it’s up to you guys. So, can you PLEASE let me know whether you want me to continue writing this series, or do you want me to start my next story? PLEASE LET ME KNOW! Thank you for reading! <3

*I may or may not write on Monday. I’m getting my high school results so I’m not sure if I’ll be emotionally stable to actually write .-.*