It Wasn't Just a Drunken Night- Chapter 18

A/N: 

Hey guys! So, sorry the chapters have been a bit short. It's just I don't really have that much time this week to write so I squeeze in as much time as I could. Also, those chapters don't really need to be long because then it kind of just gets boring for me to write. But either way, I still update for you guys so here's chapter 18 of It Wasn't Just a Drunken Night! 

~~~~

One Week Later

*Phil's POV* 

“Phil?” PJ walked into the room with Chris walking quietly behind him, “Is everything okay?” I didn’t say anything but only nodded while looking up at the ceiling, lying down on the extra bed.

PJ leaned his head above mine to see if I was even awake and connected his eyes with mine. “You guys really don’t have to come in every two seconds to check on me,” I flashed PJ a weak smile and he stepped away from the bed.

“We know but we’re just worried about you,” PJ sighed, “We just don’t want you to do anything stupid.” I nodded and didn’t say anything once again. Ever since the even speaking had been such a struggle for me. It was like my heartbreak took all the words out of my body, like my mind just erased all of my vocabulary.

Chris flopped himself beside me and put his head on my chest, making my heart quiver at the reminisce of Dan cuddling up to me. “If you continue to feel this bad just come on over to my room and I’ll make you feel that much better,” Chris winked at me, causing me to let out a limp giggle.

PJ and Chris both got up and walked out of the room and shut the door behind them as I watched their backs. I let out a huge, saddening breath and looked back up the ceiling as I felt my eyelids grow heavier. Eventually my eyes shut and I drifted into an uneasy slumber.

~~

My eyes flew open at the sound of harsh knocking on my door as I sat myself up. I groaned and rubbed my head, trying to ease the pain from all the crying I went through. “Come in,” I growled as I rubbed my eyes to wake myself up.

Chris flung open the door with a frantic look in his eyes as he breathed dramatically. “Chris!” I let out a shaky yelp, sounding nervous, “What’s up with you?” Chris pointed behind him and calmed his breathing down, “Dan’s here.”

My whole body stiffened and my eyes widened as I felt my throat begin to tighten, “W-What?” Chris nodded and looked at me with concern, “Yeah, he’s here. And, he wants to see you.”

I began to breath faster and I couldn’t shut my eyes to blink as I clenched the sheets in the palms of my hands. “Do you want me to tell him to leave?” Chris asked, not being sure what to do with my rising anxiety.

I quickly shook my head before taking in a deep breath and standing up off of the bed. “I’m going to have to talk to him eventually,” my voice sounded shaky as I spoke, “He didn’t officially break up with me so we might as well get it over with.” Chris shook his head at my insecurity and walked out of the room, into his own to leave Dan I some privacy.

I walked into the lounge and my heartbeat grew increasingly faster as I saw the brunette boy in front of me. He was a complete mess, his hair all over the place and his clothing completely mismatched. He looked up at me with what seemed like sorrow but it was probably despair since he was probably breaking up with me officially to be with Charlie.

“H-Hi,” I stuttered lamely as I swayed awkwardly in my spot. He let out a weak but genuine smile as he looked over me, like he was actually happy to see me. “Can we talk?” Dan asked not even bothering to say hello, just getting to the point right away.

I nodded and walked sat next to him on the sofa, making sure to keep as much distance as possible between us. “Sure,” I muttered, looking down at my hands as I played with my own fingers, twisting them in different directions.

“I-I,” Dan stopped himself and I looked up at him with confusion, “I don’t even know what to say. I thought I was going to come here and automatically have the words come into my head, but seeing you like this just sucked out all of my vocabulary.”

My heart immediately jumped up as I realized he wasn’t here to break up with me but to make up with me. But, something inside me was telling me that I couldn’t just run back into his arms. He broke my heart, right in front of my eyes, when he kissed Charlie back in front of me.

“I-I guess—,” I shook my head to stop him from speaking and looked into his eyes. “I think I just need sometime, Dan” I sighed, “I think we both need some time, so I can get my head together and so you can think of the right words to say.”

Dan let out a quiet whimper but it was loud enough for me to hear as I got up from the sofa. I looked at him as he got up as well and began to walk towards the exit, his head slumping low. He flung on his jacket and opened the door, turning around to face me. “Just a little time,” I reminded him with a small smile, “Promise.”

~~~~

Yeah, that was probably the crappiest chapter in this story that I’ve written. I’m so sorry guys ;_; But either way, leave me your feedback and stuff and you’ll get virtual cookies. Thanks for reading and all, love you <3