Chapter 9

Ariels point of view

"Beau I'm coming down to your place." I say through the phone.

"Yeah that's fine but I'm not home babe. Do you want to wait there? Are you okay? It sounds like you've been crying." He asks. I take a deep breath in try not to cry again.

"I'll talk to you later." I hang up the phone. I know I'm acting overdramatic right now but I was so close to finding myself. Finding out what had really happened to me. Who Jodie and Eric were. I just want to be alone. I know there's a park around here. I need time for myself.

I find the park. It's huge I don't know how I didn't notice it. There's a duck pond and some people walking their dogs. I sit in a bench and look at the ducks. I laugh at the way they finch their heads into the water.

"Hey." I hear a familiar voice say. I look up to see who's it is but get blind a little from the sun. I turn my body and see that it's Liam.

"Hi." I quietly say. I didn't want to deal with anyone right now. It seems like I'm always surrounded by people.

"Are you okay? Why are you still in your pajamas?" He asks. I went to have breakfast with Louis and it turned into this.

I don't say anything. Not because I'm mad but I don't know where to begin.

"I- they." I whimper. He shushes me and lays my head on his shoulder. I cry into his shoulder. Sam and Liam have been doing their own thing for a while. They're always together so I'm surprised to see him here alone.

"there there. It's okay, I'm sure whatever is happening will go away." He says. He's rubbing my back and rocking me back and fourth.

"Liam..." I start. Should I ask him? He's not going to tell me either. No one is. I have to steal those papers back. That's the only way I'll know the truth. How funny, the only person that can tell me the truth is myself.

"Yes sweety?" He responds.

"Where's sam?" I ask. I change the subject to get me to stop crying.

"She's out with some friends. I came to walk her dog and I saw you running here." He says. I don't see the dog or even hear it. I don't bother asking where it is. "He's with that guy right there." He points at the bench across from us. I look at the boy and get a flashback.

"We're taking her to James. She had severe burns in her legs. It went through her jeans." Liam says. The boys are pouring water over legs that are now black with blood.

Again my head begins to hurt. I want this to stop. I want to know what happened to me.

"James?" I ask. Liam's breathing stops for a second.

"Ye-yeah you know him?" He asks me. I nod and stare at the man more. He's probably a nurse. Liam doesn't ask more questions and continues hugging me. After Liam walks sams dog he drops me off at my house. I feel exhausted and hungry.

I enter my house and see Esme and her boyfriend Riley. They've been going strong for a while. I bet he doesn't lie to her.

"Hey sis! Want to watch a movie with us?" She says. I smile at her shake my head. Every time I look at her I feel relaxed for some reason. Like something in my head was telling me she's going to be okay now.

I go to my room and grab my notebook. I have to write down what I saw today. Sooner or later this will make sense again. As soon as I'm done I hide it in between my mattress. They're stealing my memories and I won't let them do it again.

My stomach growls and I head to my kitchen. Riley and Esme are cuddling. I can tell they're falling asleep too.

"Dad would kill them if he saw that." My older sister rose says. I don't really hang out with my older sisters. They have their own busy lives. Two of them are getting married and I'm barley going to college. We're too different. We still get along and we still talk, just not like best friends.

"Yeah. She's the baby so he would've shook it off." I roll my eyes. My sister laughs and walks to her room. I make myself a sandwich and head my way to my room. I open the doors and sit outside in the sun. My body begins to relax once I get food. It's not even five yet and so much has happened today. I watch the leaves fall out of the trees and fall slowly to the ground. I'm at peace right now but not for long.

I tap my feet up and down on my personal porch and just blank out. My head is thinking of so many different things. It's not long before Niall makes his way into my mind. I think I might have been to harsh on him. I even cursed at him. I never curse. I made Louis cry which I've never seen. I should've just asked for an explanation calmly. They probably think I'm crazy now.

It doesn't justify that they stole those papers from me. How did they even get it? My head goes back to the last time I saw Niall before he left. He said he had to go to the restroom and went outside. He probably went to my room and stole them. I never looked at him in the eyes. I thought he hated me. That's the last time we saw each other until last night.

I feel like I've seen him before he stopped by my work. Or I've heard his voice in my dreams. I enjoy the last of my sandwich and just listen to the birds. I see a black car drive up to my driveway. Aniha, zaida and sam jump out of the car. I guess it's girls night today. They walk into my room with food and drinks.