Chapter 43

Ariels point of view

"Just be careful okay?" I tell Niall as he walks outside my door. He nods slowly and walks to his car. I watch him drive away, my heart is beating loud. I don't want him to go, what if it's the last time I'll see him.

My phone dings and I run out to grab. My heart drops when I notice it's an unknown number. I very hesitantly open it up.

Unknown: open your door. I'm here. I've gotten one other message from this number. The message I had gotten a while ago, the I'm back message. I thought it was a wrong number but it was Jodie. I don't understand why would she say she's back if she was here the whole time.

"Esme?" I call for my little sister.

"Yeah?" Esme answers. She swings around her door and walks right up to me.

"Watch this video. You'll like it. But I need you to put your headphones on because you'll miss the little messages." I hand her my phone with a random 30 minute video.

"Ouhh is it like those mystery videos?" Esmes eyes widen up in excitement. I nod and she happily takes my phone and goes to her room.

I walk to my room and prepare myself for the worst. I open my back door slowly and Jodie comes barging in. Pushing me to the floor.

"He's officially dead." She spits. She kicks my stomach and I groan again. I try to stay as quiet as I can, I don't want Esme to hear anything.

"Who?" I say between breathes. She knocked the air out of me.

"Eric you fucking bitch! You killed him!" She screams. She's sobbing and as she talks. She grabs my hair and makes me face up, Jodie kneels down at me her face only inches away from me.

"I didnt do anything." I try to steady my breathing. She grips my head harder and slams me on the corner of my desk.

"He still fucking chose you over me! He wanted me dead and when he saw you! He he-" she cries again. She kicks my ribs again and I hold it in my pain. I grab on tight to my sheets and close my eyes.

"That's not what I came for." She sniffs. "I simply came to hurt you." Her voice is dark and unrecognizable. I whine as she drags me into my closet. I take in every punch and kick she gives me. Not bothering to fight back, if I do I know she'll go after Niall.

By the end of the night I have a tint of a black eyes and bruises all over my body. The inside of my lips are cut from her punching me. Luckily they're all things that can be hidden.

I've got 5 minutes to clean myself up before Esme finishes the video. I decide to shower that way I won't make myself look too suspicious.

"Was that a trick!?" Esme knocks on my door. She sounds irritated but I'm glad she didn't hear or see anything.

When I'm done showering I walk out and drop myself on my bed. My body hurts so much, more pain than I've ever felt. Esme was nice enough to leave my phone charging. I cry all night from pain. I'm going to be miserable at work tomorrow.

-----

"Miss! Do you have this in a bigger size?" The tall women asks. I turn around slowly, I hold my ribs down because breathing hurts enough but now I have to talk.

"I'll go look for you." I walk back to her and grab the collar shirt. Her son is getting ready for an interview and they're been looking for the perfect suit for hours. I walk slowly to the front of the store and look for a bigger size in the computer.

"Is everything okay? You haven't been yourself." My supervisor Laura asks. I nod very weakly. I'm going to get fired if I don't push through this.

"Yes, just sore I guess." I answer her. I pick up the shirt and walk away. I can feel her eyes on me as I walk in pain.

"No I'm sorry we don't. I can help you find another one if you'd like?" I smile at the women.

"No it's okay sweety. He probably won't like it either way." She smiles at me. I nod and go back to the registers.

"Ariel I'm letting you go-" my supervisor begins.

"What no! I'm sorry I'll work faster." I say. I begin folding shirts that are on the table.

"Ariel I'm letting you go home early. You look sick, I'll call someone else in. It's fine really, I don't want you to be miserable while you're sick." She smiles. I exhale in relief. I grab my belongings and head out. I'm glad she's such and understanding women. I hold my stomach tight before I drive away. I breath like a pregnant women trying to control the pain I feel.

Then there's knocking on my window. I flinch which makes me hurt more.

"Are you okay?" Jai asks. He's alone, there's no luke behind him.

"Yeah, menstrual cramps." I lie. He looks awkward and nods.

"You're not working anymore? I came to take you out to lunch." He says. I smile, beau probably told him to do that.

"I was not feeling well so she let me go home. We can order something and head to your house?" I suggest. He agrees with me and I follow behind his car back to his place.

Luke was there with a girl but they both left once we arrived.

"Lets play the game where you have to escape from those zombies." I say. Beau laughs at my description and puts on zombies vs Aliens game.

Our pizzas arrive and we watch a movie while we eat.

"How have you been?" I ask jai. I haven't really been talking to him since beau left.

"Not the same with little Ariel." He gives me a sad smile. I frown and take a bite of my pizza. I immediately stop chewing. It's too much work for my body to chew and swallow.

"Does your stomach hurt again?" Jai asks. I nod and crouch over. I didnt think she kicked me this hard. Jai rubs my back as I groan in pain.

My head begins to throb again and my vision becomes fuzzy. I'm going to faint again.

"Jai..." I breath out. Before he responds the world around me disappears.