chapter 2

Most of my day went like every other day, but one thing that did change was that the guy I sat by was new and he is in my 2nd and 3rd hour. Right now I'm heading to lunch with my headphones in. When I see my ex best friends and they were pointing and laughing "if you want to say something say it" I yell angrily "that's what I thought" I say walking away. I know I drew attention to my self by yelling but I didn't care. I walk in the lunch room to my regular spot, I take out my notebook and started drawing. I started to draw a guy in a black cloak with his hood up. When I start to finish someone sat down in front of me. I was very confused cause no one ever sits next to me. I look up and see the guy from the bus. I take out my head phones and just look at him "what?" He asked "nothing just wondering why your not sitting somewhere else" I say "I can't sit here?" He asked "you can just everyone will isolate you if your caught sitting or talking to me, so if you don't want that to happen I suggest you move and don't talk to me" I say drawing again "why would I do that?" He ask "cause people here don't like me and for that if you get caught talking to me that's not insult then you basically socially killing yourself" I say "so I suggest you move" I continue "why don't they-" he was about to say something when a girl came up to us "why are u talking to her" she says "he was-" I start to say but she cut me off "don't you dare speak to me" she says grabbing the guy and pulling him away. This is why I don't speak to people. By the end of the day people were already talking about what happen what at lunch. Honesty the only reason I was trying to get him away from me is so he doesn't become an outsider like me. Plus I don't want to get beat up for talking to someone. I'm walking to the bus when someone pushed me against the wall causing me to drop my books "so you think you can talk to the new kid" a guy says "he talked to me" I say "I don't care if he talked to you,you don't talk back!" He tells punching my eye " now get out my of sight" he says kicking my back as I get up and pick my books up. On the bus the guy sat in the back away from me I guess he learned. I look out the window and start to cry. It hurts to cry cause of my eye but I can't stop. I get off the bus still crying. Walking up to the house I wipe my tears before opening the door. Getting inside, I'm greeted by my foster mom "hey kay wait what happened to your eye!" She says walking up to me and touching my eye "ow stop I just ran into a wall I'm fine" I say taking away her hand "no your not here wait here im going to get some ice"she say dragging me to the kitchen sitting me down. "Here pit this on your eye"she says handing me some ice in paper towel "thanks" I say putting it on my eye "you say you ran into a wall" she says leaning against a counter " yea I was running cause I was about to be late to class and I ran into it cause I wasn't paying attention" I say "oh ok just be careful next time" she says "oh shit what time is it" I say sitting up "I don't know almost 3 why and watch your language"she says looking at her watch " I'm going to be late picking up cole" I say putting the ice down and standing up "ok come right back and try not to run into any walls" she says "I make no promises" I say grabbing my skateboard and heading out the door.
I get to his school and ride up to the door I pick him up at and sit by a wall. Like 2 minutes later I'm listening to music when I see kids running out the doors, I take my headphones out, putting them in my pocket. I see alex exit he's school looking for me "cole!" I yell over to him " Kayla!" He yells running towards me "I drew you a picture" he said "aren't you a little to old to draw me pictures"I say "it was for art she told us to draw someone in our family and so I drew you"he says handing me the picture "awe thank you I love it now come on"I say getting up "can I ride your skateboard today" he asked "yea why not"I say. He hops on the board "be careful" I say "you say that every time, even when u taught me how to ride it" he says "yea I know  but something can still go wrong"I say, he just laughs and starts to ride with me close behind. We get home, as I walk in when Carol( our foster mom) says "I'm heading out again make sure they do there chores and eat dinner ok?" "Yep"I say "thank you"she said walking out the door. "Cole get the others from up stairs" I tell him, he nods and heads up stairs. Minutes later I'm in the kitchen putting the chicken Carol left out for us in the oven when they come down.in the house there's me, cole,Amy, Katie, and nick,and Corey I'm the oldest. Amy and Katie are twins, their five years old and the cutest and sweetest things ever. Nick is 13 and thinks he doesn't have to do shit and is a little brat, and Corey is 9 the same age as cole and is quiet. They come in the kitchen and Amy ask "whats for dinner?" "Chicken, now chores nick you have the bathrooms and your room, Corey you have the living room and your room, Amy and Katie you guys have your room and cole clean up your half of are room" I say "I cleaned up the bathrooms last time though" nick complains "so what you not eating until it's done so you can complain all you want but until that bathrooms is done you aren't eating go it" I say sternly and walking closer to him "fine"he says walking up stairs. When the chores are done I call everyone to dinner and we eat and as usual nick refusing to eat at the table. Anyways after dinner while I'm cleaning the dishes Amy and Katie come down stairs "Kayla?" They both say "yes" I say turning around "can u tuck us in?"Amy says "yea sure"I say drying off my hands and heading up stairs. I tuck the girls in and say goodnight to them as they both quickly fall asleep. Getting done with the dishes I head up stairs and get ready for bed when cole wakes up "Kayla?" He says "yea?" I say "I had a nightmare" he says sitting up "awe come here" I said sitting on his bed and hugging him "what was it about" I ask "mom and dad the day they died"he says "I know it hurts for them to be gone but you have me ok?" I say hugging him tighter "ok can you sleep here with me" he asked "yea sure" I say laying down with him slowly falling asleep.