chapter 7

alex's pov

at the hospital, I told them that she was a foster kid and their foster mom was named Carol. Which helped them find Carols number. I'm sitting in the waiting room with Jordan cause he wanted to make sure she was ok. about ten minutes later carol and her brother cole comes in "is she ok?!"carol says when she sees me "yea it sounds like she only has a concussion"I say "what happened?" Cole asked "Kayla got punched and she fell and hit her head hard on the ground" I say "why is she get-" she starts to say but the docter comes out "she's fine but she did have a medium concussion, nothing major but I would just let her stay home for a couple of days" the docter says "can we see her?" I ask "yea follow me"the docter says walking "I started walking when I noticed Cole wasn't. I walk back over to him and neal down and say "she's fine, come on" he nods and stand and hold out my hand so he can take it. Getting to her room I see Carol and jordan by Kayla hospital bed "is she not up yet?"I say walking up to her bed "no" she says "oh" I say "when she does you can take her home, Carol I'm going to need you to sign something"the docter says "alright"she say walking away with the docter. Minutes later me and jordan were talking when we hear gran come from Kayla "you heard that too right?" Jordan questioned "yea, I think she's waking up" I say getting up from my seat, her eyes open and looks around confused "where am I?" she says rubbing her head "in the hospital you got a concussion" jordan says "who are you?" She asked jordan "I'm jordan I'm a friend of alex" he says "and don't worry I'm not like the other people at school" he continues, she just nods and looks at me she was about to say something when Carol come in "oh good your awake, I have to go pick something up at work, does one of you drive?" She asked "I do" jordan say raising her hand "can you drive Kayla and Cole home and alex do you mind staying the night to make sure she's ok?" Carol asked "no I don't mind I'll just tell my mom" I say "ok thanks both of you"she says walking away. Kayla try to get up but I stop her and say "here let me carry you" I say, she shakes her head "Kayla you just got out a concussion you could make your self worse" I say, she nods and I walk over to her and pick her up bridal style "Cole walk with jordan in front of us ok?"I stat "ok"he says running towards jordan "come on little dude" jordan says walking with me and Kayla close behind. We get back to her house and I take her in side and into her room and lay her down "I'll be down stairs if you need me ok?" I state she nods and closes her eyes. I walk down stairs and lay down in the living room.

My pov
*Next day*
I wake up and realize what happened yesterday "hey Cole is alex still here?" I ask Cole who is sitting on his bed "yes he wanted to wait till you wake up" she says "well tell him I'm up and he can leave"I say "alright" he says getting up. Minutes later Cole comes back and says "he's gone" I nod and lay back down. Sometimes I just feel like a total asshole.