18

JACOB

I am at the airport waiting for my flight back home to Rosanne City. One girl approached me and asked if I was Mayors Jacob, and I told her I am. She called her friends and they were shrieking. Heads turned and these are the moments that I hate being a Mayor. I really hate the attention that I get. At first it was funny and cute. But then it got irritating and I never get the hang of it. After they took a picture with me, they told me that they are from Rosanne too and they would like to know if I am dating their former classmate Sandra Gonzales. I smiled at them and said yes. Sandy will definitely kill me if she'll learn about it. I am also worried that if she learns about it, she might get mad. She's not dating anyone so I guess there is nothing wrong with admitting that we're dating. Does a couple of lunches with her considered dating already?

I don't know but I can not wait to go home. Last Thursday when I was not feeling okay in the office, and she held my hand, I could not think of anything except that hand I was holding. She was sitting beside me. Her breathing was labored as I realized she was holding it, trying to appear casual, but I knew it was not an easy thing to do.

"Mayor, if you're really dating Sandy, can you please show us a picture of her during one of those dates?"

asked one of the girls. Masyadong antipatika tong babaeng to ah.

"Do you think that would be proper? I already said we are." I hope she did not hear the irritation in my voice.

"Well in case lang naman meron kang picture of you together."

"Well I d on not have a picture of us together kasi we would rather talk and hold hands than taking pictures of us together."

"oooooohhhhh. Pero kahit picture niya lang wala?"

Nakakairita. I fished my phone out of my pocket and showed them the wallpaper. She sent me the picture last night. Good thing I made it my wallpaper the moment I got it. Of course I was hoping she won't see it

 Of course I was hoping she won't see it

"So, okay na ba yan? Hindi ko grinab sa Google yan or anywhere else huh!"

"Ay siyet, kayo na yata Mayor eh."

"Oo nga kayo na kasi kung hindi kayo, wala sana siyang picture sa yo OR hindi sana siya ang wallpaper ng phone niyo. Marge, wala ka nang pag asa kay Mayor."

"Whatever!"

Ah okay kaya pala siya mapilit na ipakita ko ang picture ni Sandy kasi...may gusto sa akin? Hmmm baka naman crush lang. I looked at her and smiled. Maganda naman siya pero may bitchiness sa aura niya hahahaha. Or baka ngayon lang siya bitch. Si Sandy nga bitch sa akin nung first time eh. nKamusta na kaya siya. Hindi niya sinagot ang phone call ko kanina eh. Tawagan ko na lang siya mamaya pag dating ko sa Rosanne. Thirty minutes flight lang naman yun eh. Mukhang makakasakay ko pa tong mga babaeng to eh. I hope hindi ko katabi sa upuan kahit sino sa kanila. I am not in the mood to talk right now. May mga paper works pa akong gagawin mamaya sa plane.

SANDY

I missed a call from Jacob. Nasa shower kasi ako kanina. Siyempre getting ready. Sabi kasi niya ipasusundo daw niya ako sa driver niya at sunduin naming siya sa airport. Bakit ako pumayag is beyond me. Basta when he asked me if I want to pick him up sa airport sabi ko OO agad. Wala man lang pakipot Sandy, oo agad. He was nice naman kasi when he called me.

Riiiiing! Riiiiiing!

Jenna Calling? Bakit na naman? Akala ko ba okay na sila ni Marko? tumatawag ulit sa akin. Tong babaeng to talaga.

"Hello?"

"Girl you have to explain this."

"Explaine what?"

"Etong nasa diyaryo. MAYOR GOT HITCHED! Rosanne City. MAyor Jacob Franco was seen out for lunch last Wednesday with his rumored girlfriend, eighteen years old Sandy Gonzales...blah! blah! blah! Sources said that Miss Gonzales and the young Mayor has been having lunch every day at the mayor's office from fastfood to restaurant take outs. The source said, this is the first time that the twenty years old mayor is seen with a girl since he was elected in office....blah blah blah, and the picture is you and him walking hand in hand. Naka holding hands kayo."

"HA!!!!!"

"I deny mo ngayon eto. Or better yet umamin ka na lang sa akin. And how could you keep a secret like this from me? Your best friend? Ako na lang ba ang hindi nakakaalam?"

"Jenna, hindi totoo yan...I mean...oh gosh pano ko ba ito I eexplain sa yo? Naku pano kung mabasa ni Jacob to?"

"JAcob? Jacob LANG ang tawag mo kay Mayor?"

"Jenna naman eh. Ok, wait. magkikita kami ni Jacob ngayon kasi susunduin ko siya sa airport. We're going to have dinner kasi...."

"Dinner? How could you Sandy!!"

"I'll call you later. Nandito na kasi yung driver at sinusundo na ako. I'll tell you everything. Punta ka dito or sunduin kita after dinner. Isasama ko siya. You want to meet him?"

"Do I want to meet the Mayor? Oo naman. Pero kung ayaw niya, okay lang. Text me na lang kung susunduin mo ba ako or hindi. Sleepover at your house. I'm not getting you off the hook that easy Sandra Gonzales."

"Sige, I'll text you or punta ka na lang dito siguro and wait for me here."

"Sige. Wait, are you two having sex already?"

"JENNA!!!!"