Breaking Down At Lunch

I do not own this picture, it belongs to it's respectful owner.

Here is them having the first talk, but they won't find out the details right off the bat, only the general information. It takes time for someone to talk, even if they don't care or realize it. Error does not trust these Monsters, but he also has no will to live besides the keeping the kids safe. So in some places he may be more talkative, in others he keeps the answers close to his chest.

But they will be finding out bits and pieces as the story goes on if Error does not say anything. They are not stupid, they can read in between the lines and hear what Error is not saying.

-Start Chapter-

It took a few minutes for Error to come back to reality. By the time he was out of his head he was sitting down in a outdoor chair at the head of outdoor table with the kids in his lap. By his right sat Ink, who looked worried as could be, and on the left sat Blue, who seemed to be thinking about something.

Looking down the table, Error could see them mumbling to one another. Or in Death's case, curling in himself and trying not to touch anything. All the kids were twitching, as if wanting to move or go running, but also curious and determined to know what is going on.

Null slowly lifted his head and peeked out from Error's arms, looking with wide eyes at all the different skeletons. His eyes stilling when they caught another's. A older kid with goggles on his head was leaning onto the table looking bored before their eyes met. The other child's white eyes went wide before blue over took their face. The other skeleton just seemed frozen. Null just blinked in confusion and just as quickly tucked his head back into his Father's chest. Void giggled, as if finding this whole situation hilarious.

"Why don't the kids go and play while we talk?" Orbit asked softly. He knew this talk was going to get bad, maybe even bloody, and he did not want the kids to see or hear any of it. In his mind, even if they have been through so much they are still kids. "They can go play and get to know one another."

Error tightened his hold, trying to think over the other children's objections. Watching the others swiftly putting them on the ground, and making them go to the 'playground', Error eventually looked down to the two in his arms. "StAY wIThEn YElLiNG dIStANce bOyS. KeEP vOID SaFE." He glanced to Tick, with the pocket watch in his eye, chain coming out of his mouth, and clothes stained with blood when he said that. The Horror types were always a wild card, some were protective/possessive if they liked something, others would hurt or kill without a second thought. But Error was not taking any chances. Putting them down, Void in Null's arms, Error then gave them a nod ignoring the insulted, shocked, pity and worried looks he got from the others.

These two were under his protection until a better home came along. There will be hell to pay if something happened to anything that is his. Don't let it be said that Error is not one possessive Monster or over-protective one. He takes his responsibilities seriously unlike others, so it will be a cold day in hell if they think they could try anything funny on his watch.

Null took a glanced up at Error before turning and squaring his shoulders. His Daddy has something important to do, he is not stupid he knows something is about to go down, and is trusting him to keep Void safe. Null will make sure to stay within yelling distance, he has never seen or met other kids other then Void, so he has no idea if they will try to hurt him and his little brother or not. 'But I have to be brave! Like Daddy!' And with that in mind, Null started to walk to where the other children stood, looking like he was going into a war zone to the shock of all the other adults. Error just nodded, it was good to see Null still had common sense to keep a look out.