Chapter 1: Crumble

Ezra's POV

Zeb, Sabine, Chopper and I had completed our mission and had just landed back on Chopper Base. "Good job, everyone." Hera congratulated. "Go take Hondo to command and have him give his information to him."

"Sure thing, Hera." I answered. I took Hondo to Commander Sato.

He looked at me and said, "Bridger, thanks to your great leadership and successful missions, I am promoting you to lieutenant."

"Lieutenant? Cool! Thank you, Commander Sato." Sato nodded slightly.

"Congratulations, Ezra," Kanan said behind me, "we're all proud of you."

I smiled up at him and went to my room on the Ghost. Once I entered, my smiled faded.  I sat on my bed and thought about Sarah. 

She didn't come; she didn't know I was now a lieutenant. I don't think she'll ever  want to see me again...

Flashback.....

Sarah came into my room with Kanan helping her walk. I stood up from my bed. I had hidden the Holocron in the drawer underneath my bed. "I'll leave you two to talk." Kanan said, and he closed the door behind us.

We were both in silence for a while until Sarah asked, "How are you?"

I shrugged my shoulders, but then I realized she couldn't see me do that. I responded, "Yeah, I guess I'm alright. It's just..." I couldn't finish.

"What is it?" Sarah inquired.

I sighed and finished. "I caused you to be blind. I left Ashoka to die. I could have killed you all because I trusted Maul and--"

"Ezra, take it easy." Sarah soothed me. "It's not your fault I am blind. I just didn't block in time. It's not your fault Ashoka is gone. It was her choice. And Maul didn't kill us." She walked towards me and felt for my shoulder. She finally landed on it. "We're all okay."

I didn't know what to say after that. I just sat down onto my bed. I didn't realize Sarah was using my shoulder for support. She fell straight towards me. I caught her before she hit her head on the bed post. "Oh My Gosh! I am so sorry! A-are you okay?"

Sarah just stood up, balanced on my desk, and replied, "Yeah, I'm okay."

Just then, it hit me. I was going to talk to her about what I had said on that planet. "Sarah, a-about what I had said on that planet--"

"Malachor?"

"Yeah. About me telling you to... ummm... die, I... I didn't mean it. I was so focused on finding the secrets of the Sith that I did anything Maul told me to do. I'm truly sorry, Sarah."

She stayed silent for a bit. I thought she wasn't going to forgive me. I felt angry at myself for saying it in the first place. Then she responded, "Ezra, I don't blame your..." She stopped and turned her head down at my middle drawer underneath my head. I looked  down, too.

A red glow came from inside of it. Sarah used the Force to take it out and it quickly ended up in her hands. "The Sith Holcoron? You opened it?!"

Darn it! My anger from her silence caused the Holocron to open. I couldn't keep it from her. "Yeah, I opened it. So what?"

"Ezra, you know only someone who uses the Dark Side of the Force can open this thing."

"Well, it hasn't turned me yet."

"You're using it?!" She sounded more worried than angry. At least she wasn't planning on punching me any time soon.