Chapter 15: Futures

Kanan's POV

At least Sarah and Ezra finally understand the Prophecy now. It took a bit of convincing, but they believe all of us. Rex and I had already told Sabine and Zeb before we went into Sarah's room... well, more like above her room.

Sabine sat next to Ezra, rubbing his shoulder. I could see Ezra turn ten shades darker red. I smirked. It was funny to see Ezra trying to hide his liking... no, love for Sabine.

Zeb and Sarah sat next to each other. After I had finished talking, Zeb patted Sarah's back. She smiled; so did I. They had the second closest sibling connection (behind her and Ezra) I have ever seen. They both sat up, playfully hit each other, and left to rejoin with their usual partner.

Rex left the room, and I went to Headquarters to find Hera. She was at the holotable, finishing up plans for some pilots' missions. As they left, I walked up to Hera. She saw me and smiled. "How did they take it?" she asked me.

"Actually, better after we explained why we didn't tell them." I said, which was very true. I want lifted to the ceiling.

Hera smiled. "Good. Well, I just sent off the pilots for the last mission of the day. I guess it is a free day for the Ghost crew." I breathed a sigh of relief. After what has happened lately, that is exactly what we needed. I looked into Hera's big green eyes that reflected back to mine.

We hugged. Not our quick goodbye hugs, but a... loving hug. I smiled.

Of course, Zeb came along. Hera and I separated as far and fast as we could. Zeb looked at us funny, shrugged, and continued to walk.  Hera and I smiled and laughed for a bit after that. Then, Hera walked out to Headquarters to lead the mission, while I went in to see how Ezra and Sarah were doing. 

Ezra's POV

Sarah and I stayed in the common room in silence. I knew what was on her mind (after reading it), and I was having the same thoughts. When did this Prophecy happen? A couple weeks ago? Months? Years? I don't know. All I know is that it is happening now, and we need to make sure it doesn't finish.

We "looked" at each other. I broke the silence, saying, "Lothal looks the same as when you last came."

Sarah perked up. I hadn't seen her smile all day; it was refreshing from her gloomy, angry, or sad look. "Great! Did you see the house?"

I nodded. Then, I remembered she couldn't see me nod. "Yep. It looks a little older, but, all in all, close to the same."

I haven't seen Sarah this happy in a long time.

It was great.

Sarah and I left together and headed to our bedrooms with smiles on our faces.

Sarah's POV

Ezra went to his bedroom on the Ghost, and I went to my guest room in Headquarters. I sat on my bed with my smile still on my face.

I sat on my bed, and my smile completely vanished. I couldn't stop thinking about the Prophecy. One shall die by the other's hand. What if I lose my patience and kill Ezra with my Dark Side?

That thought had been haunting me throughout the entire speech Kanan and Rex said about the Prophecy.

My thoughts vanished when I heard a blood-curling scream. I ran out of my room and into the Ghost. 

I knew that scream.

It was Ezra.

Guys, I am SO sorry for not updating sooner. Golf season has started, and we have been playing every day since Friday. The updates might be slow for a while because of golf, but I will try as hard as I can to update for you guys.

~MarvelRebel27