Epilogue

Darkness. Complete darkness. Deep, under the soil that covered the surface. Deep, under

the oceans that surrounded the territories. Deep, under the layer of water beneath the darkest depths. The stench of death roiled Ryan's nostrils. The smell of burnt flesh being molded into creatures of darkness was overpowering. It was impossible to move. He floated in the darkness, unable to see anything. He was completely paralyzed. He felt the skittering of multiple creatures crawl over him, creatures formed from the flesh of death itself. They bit at him, tearing his skin apart, leaving gushing wounds. Ryan could not even cry out in pain as his insides were torn apart.

Just before death, the creatures stopped, escaping into the darkness. It was a moment of relief, but Ryan knew too well what that meant. The moment the creatures stopped is when he appeared.

"Ryan." The cold, emotionless voice echoed loudly, reverbing through the darkness. "You were foolish to return to me. You knew this would happen."

Ryan could not reply, he could not say anything. He just closed his eyes, waiting for the day when death would take him, instead of forcing him to live this life.

"You're interference with Nypre was troubling at first. Because of you, the Night Land has grown. Yet within this disruption, there is a blessing. In a way, you've made my goal so much easier to reach." Letum, the god of death bellowed.

"Foran-Koretops." A purple flame burned in the darkness, running along Ryan's skin, burning his blood as if were oil.

"Meni-Koretops." Liquid poured across Ryan's body, melting through his skin and burning him deep on the inside.

"Wonik-Koretops." Blades formed of high force winds cut Ryan apart, like thousands of glass shards.

"Quin-Koretops." Gas filled Ryan's lungs, making it impossible to breathe as it torched him from the inside. He felt each of the elements simultaneously torture him and could do nothing. Letum had used his magic in such a way to keep Ryan alive, knowing the exact amount of pain a human could take before perishing. It was just like before.

"Ronas-Koretops." All of Ryan's wounds reversedmoments before his death. They healed, leaving him in perfect health, only forthe process to begin again. The torture was endless. There was no way toescape. Ryan had made a grave miscalculation, and it had allowed Letum to catchup with him. Now he could do nothing to aid Nypre and keep him from the darkgod's influence.