Estelle and Andrew

“So.” Andrew shouted through her door. “Do you find your old room accommodating?” He leaned against the frame of the door, or what he assumed it was and waited.

“You the welcoming committee?” Estelle shouted back, hands pressed against the door.

“Yes. I have a fruit basket out here for you.” Andrew placed his head against the door. He could hear her breathing just on the other side. “Are you gonna' let me in sweetheart?”

“Gonna' not call me sweetheart, dear?” Estelle grinned at the wooden door before her, her fingers resting on the lock.

“What about...small fry, or egg titties?” He laughed hysterically from the other side of the door. “I'm sorry, sugar pie.”

“How about stfu?” Estelle felt her face heating up with anger. She flipped the lock and took a step back. “Jerk...”

“Come on, love. Besides didn't you say to have some fun?” Andrew scratched at the door like a kitten. “Please?”

Estelle rolled her eyes and opened the door. “Fun with you sounds a bit scary right now.”

“Why? I promise I won't bite...that hard.” andrew laughed as he pushed his way in.

“Oh. You know I like it rough.” Estelle stuck her tongue out at Andrew before walking further into the room. “Only way you know how to treat someone, right?”

“Yeah, that's how I recall it.” Andrew walked past Estelle and into her room. “Haven't unpacked yet, I see.”

“i was getting around to it.” Estelle entered the room behind him. “Why? Want to help me unpack? Or just break in the new bed?”

“You're still the same.” Andrew yawned, laying down on her bed. “This bed is hard.”

“How am I the same?” Estelle crossed her arms under her chest. “You were the one always about sex.”

“No, I mean not caring.”

“Not caring about what?”

“Wether or not we did stuff or just hung out.” Andrew placed his hands under his head. “That's why I went for it. You didn't care.”

Estelle started unpacking, pretending the dif didn't hurt her. “I cared.” ~I just thought you were different.~ “I just thought you'd be better than you were.”

“Somehow I doubt that.” Andrew rolled over in her bed. It had been a while since he got to sleep in an actual bed and not under a desk or in the nurse's office.

“Well you're wrong...” Estelle knelt down beside her dresser and starting putting her clothers in it. She looked over at him and wondered if he had fallen asleep.

“I'm always wrong, according to you.” Andrew grunted. “Nothing I do it ever right or good enough.”

“Exactly.” Estelle smiled and stood up. “So are you staying the whole night?” She sat down on the bed beside him.

“Can I sleep on your bed?” He asked, rolling over to face her.

Estelle gazed down at Andrew and frowned. “Well I guess...”

“Then yes, I'm staying the night.” He rolled back over, facing away from her and chuckled. “It's like high school all over again.”

Estelle flushed and tugged at the hem of her skirt, it had managed to ride up higher on her thighs. “Can't you sleep in the other room? Or am going to?” ~Stop mentioning the past...~

“You can.” Andrew offered happy as can be. “Your bed fits my curvature.” He smiled to himself. Through his hair Andrew stared out into the darkness, thinking about when he was younger. What it was like for him to see the world again. And the first time he told anyone about his eyes, and how it was her.