Chapter 4 | Right

Mikuno

I just made friends with a blind girl... I've never met anyone blind before... It's interesting... She makes me feel really weird... But... I like it. 

Class started and went on as usual. I snuck a pat or two on her pup, who licked my hand. He was a beautiful dog, and very sweet.

Class ended before the bell rang, and we had time to do whatever. "Why do you need a dog?" I asked.

"He helps guide me. Makes sure I don't fall and stuff. He's really well trained." She said, turning my direction.

It was amazing, because it felt like she was actually looking at me. Her head was in the exact same direction. She was just following my voice?

She had long, white hair, that was rather beautiful, and small features. Her skin was relatively pale, and she was wearing black sunglasses.

I saw a girl walking forward. She was holding a book in her hand, and looked me in the eye, putting a finger to her lip.

She had long, dark purple hair, and green eyes. She was relatively tan, but not insanely. 

She went to dangle the book in front of Sakurai's face.

"What are you doing?" I asked. Why is she doing that?!

"What?" Sakurai asked.

"Not you. Girl behind you." I said. 

She sighed, going to put her head down and bumping her head on the book. The purple haired girl died laughing as she rubbed her head. Some of the class snickered, others looked away, knowing the scene was bad.

"You are evil." I stood up to address her properly. She really disgusted me doing that to a blind girl.

"What?" She asked.

"U-um... Mikuno... It's fine. This is normal." Sakurai said.

I crossed my arms and stared down at this girl, hoping to intimidate and scare her. 

"How would you like it if you were blind and someone did that to you?" I asked.

She scoffed, "But I'm NOT. And I'm not that stupid." She said.

"You're saying she's stupid because she's blind? I'm sure she's smarter than you." She scoffed and looked around at the crowd, trying to seem cool. But they were glaring at her, turning to my side.

"Whatever. What are you, her boyfriend?" She asked.

"I'm just a person who knows what's right. And what you're doing," I motioned to Sakurai, "Is NOT that." 

She rolled her eyes, "I'm leaving. Loser. Have fun hanging out with your blind friend. She'll never be as good as having a normal friend." She began walking away before I could say anything else, so I let it go.

Sakurai felt in front of her face, then sighed, putting her head down. "Who WAS that?" I asked.

"Otagi. She's... Well, you saw it..." She responded.

"How long has she been doing this?" I asked. "Since 8th grade." She responded.

"We're in 11th!" I said. She nodded.

"But... Thanks for that..." She said. 

~

Turns out, we had most of our classes together. She had to be taught slightly different than us, though. The teacher, after teaching the original lesson, had to go to her desk and teach it to her in a way she could understand.

She caught on WAY easier than I did, and faster than most of the class. The lesson would take 30 minutes, her private one took 10 to 5. 

Of course, she couldn't do math, so she got a free period. She knew the basics and everything, but she couldn't do anything very advanced since she couldn't write it down.

When math came, she actually walked out of the classroom with her dog and they allowed it. 

~

"Where are you going for lunch?" I asked her. She shrugged, "Normally I just stay in the classroom." 

"BOOORING!!!" I said. She chuckled, embarrassed. 

"Let's go outside or something!" I said.

"But... That's where Otagi eats..." She said.

"You don't have to worry about her. I promise. I've got your back. And so does your cute little pupper!" I said, scratching Chico behind the ears.

"He's sweet. He won't do anything." She said.

"He showed his teeth at her, which means he wanted to bite her, because he knew you didn't like her." I informed her.

"Really?" She asked. I nodded, then realized my mistake, "-uh, yeah." That was awkward, did anybody see that?

I grabbed my lunch bag and stood up, "So, you gonna come?" 

*Author's Note*

Oh snap someone got mad at Otagi, the school bully. She's a jerk, she deserves whatever I'm going to give her.

I hope you enjoyed that. I think it's really adorable that the dog was mad, too. I've actually had that happen. I was sitting in my car and saw a guy that REALLY unnerved me at a restaurant (he worked there and gave me REALLY bad vibes because he was staring at me on the bus and he's three years older than me). Anyway, my dog barked at him because she could sense that I didn't like him. So, I thought that was cool enough to share and include here.

Anyway, thank you for reading, and I'll see you in the next chapter!

~Angel Lynn~