Chapter 11 | Park

Sakurai

"Oh... I'm sorry." I said.

He grabbed my hand and dragged me somewhere, then told me to sit down. We must've been in the waiting room.

He sighed beside me, obviously sad. Who wouldn't be? 

"I-I'm sorry." I repeated. I felt awful for him, his mom having a heart attack and now in surgery... It was horrible.

"It's fine. Sorry it ended up like this." He said.

"It's not your fault." I argued.

He sighed, "Do you want to go get something to eat or something? Just..." He sighed, "I feel like I have to take you somewhere. We came here to see my mom, and now we may not be able to. So... I feel like I need to give you your time's worth." He said.

"If you don't want to leave we don't have to." I said. I know it must be hard for him to leave the hospital, where his mom is currently. 

"But...," He lowered his voice, "I get really sensitive when it comes to my mom. I worry way too much, and get really depressed without having her around. But... You make me happy. So can we just... Escape from here for a little while?" He asked.

He sounds like he was really depressed... Did... Did I pull him out of that? There's no way. I didn't even try. I didn't even KNOW.

"Sure." I said.

He was the one that pulled ME out of depression... It shouldn't be the other way around, too. No... It couldn't be.

~

We were now sitting in a park, I assumed, because I was on a bench and it felt windy. He had bought us ice cream, and I'd gotten strawberry.

"So, um... What's wrong with your mom? If it's okay I'm asking." I asked.

"Well, after this, can you tell me about you being blind?" He asked.

"Sure."

"My parents used to live together, but they got a divorce because my mom wasn't happy with him anymore. He bossed her around a lot. I lived with my mom for a few years, until she got sick. I stayed with her a while to take care of her until she had to be hospitalized and it was illegal for me to live alone. So, I had to move in with my dad. I had just moved in before I came to school. Anyway, she has some weird sickness that the doctor's can't figure out. She said she doesn't even know how to describe it." He explained.

"Man..." I said.

"Yeah. But, she still calls me every day. She's really sweet. My dad's not bad anymore, but... I still miss my mom." He said.

"I'm really sorry. I'm sure she'll get better, and you can... move... back..." Move back... Move AWAY... From... Me...

"The thing is, though... I don't want to. I want to stay here." He said. He just said he missed his mom...?

"But..." I argued.

"I want to stay here with you." He said. He'd choose me... Over his mom...?

I didn't know how to respond, so I didn't. I stayed quiet.

"Sakurai." He called. 

"Hm?" I asked.

"I think I like you." What?! That was... COMPLETELY out of nowhere!!!

"U-uh... In what way?" I asked.

"Romantically." He said simply, as if it WERE that simple.

"B-but... We haven't even known each other that long." I argued. Why am I freaking out?! Calm down, calm down, calm down.

"That doesn't matter." He said. Oh my he is... Gosh.. He is serious... What do I do?!

"So... Will you go out with me?" He asked.

"I-..." I honestly don't know. I want to, but... I feel wrong. We've only known each other a little while, and... I don't want to start a relationship.

"I don't know..." I admitted.

"Okay... Don't worry, I'll wait on you. Take your time. Because I won't change my mind." 

*Author's Note*

Okay, sad and cute at the same time, then anger because rejection. Just go with it, it's adorable either way, right? I can't say any more because I don't want to spoil where I'm going with this.

Anyway, thank you very much for reading, and I'll see you in the next chapter!

~Angel Lynn~