Chapter 14

(A few years later, because I can't do Math😂)
Violet's POV

I rubbed my temple as the sound of tiny footsteps echoed through the house. "Mum!" I groaned as the voice called out. "In here." I yelled back, and stood up off the couch.

Suddenly, there he was. My little boy. "Hi, sweetheart." I picked him up and kissed his cheek. He giggled, and held onto my shoulders as I walked through the house and up the stairs.

"Where's daddy?" Elliot asked as I walked into our master bedroom. "He's at work, silly." I laughed, poking his nose, and setting him down on the freshly made bed.

He began to slowly get up. "Aye, no jumping on the bed." I scolded. He frowned and sat back down. "Mum, I'm tired." He gently rubbed his chocolate dark brown eyes that looked exactly like his fathers. "Come on." I grabbed him and walked into his dinosaur themed room.

I laid him down, and covered him up. "Goodnight, I love you." He smiled, as I kissed his cheek. His eyes began to get heavier as I walked out.

I grabbed a bag of popcorn from the shelf and put it into the microwave. After i set the timer, my phone rang.

I ran in the living room to grab it. I heard the ringtone playing and I immediately knew it was Shawn.

"Hey babe." I said, picking up some of Eli's toys. "Hey, beautiful. What are you doing?" His genuine voice questioned. I grabbed the popcorn out of the microwave and set it on the counter to let it cool down.

"Just cleaning up around the house, and I just laid Eli down. What about you?" I asked.

"Well, I-" Right when he started his sentence, the doorbell rang. We live in a hidden neighborhood, no one usually comes by.

"Sorry, Shawn. Someone is at the door, hold on." I pulled the phone away from my ear, and unlocked the door, looking down at the ground before I looked up.

When my eyes met with his, I dropped my phone, hearing the shatter. My heart beat sped up and I started to shake.

"Long time no see, Violet."