Chapter 26

*continued*

(Violet)

"Violet Harper, will you marry me?"

He asked, as Eli handed me the flowers. My hand flew up to cover my mouth. I nodded repeatedly because I couldn't talk, while tears streamed down both of our faces.

He stood, and wrapped me in his embrace. Then I felt someone clinging to my leg, and I laughed, and picked Eli up. We had a family group hug as everyone came out from their hiding places, and clapped.

I looked around and seen someone with a camera, and I awed. It was all on camera! This will definitely be a great memory.

I hugged Shawn again, and kissed his lips, softly. I wanted to stay in this moment, forever.

**hours later**

Shawn, Eli, and I were on our way back home, when we heard Shawn's song come on the radio.

Recently, he had been working in the studio, and producing music.

"Daddy!! It's your song!!" Elliot yelled, and Shawn smiled wide.  "What shall we call our fans, Eli?" Shawn asked him, and I looked at Eli in the back seat.

He had a finger on his chin, pretending to think. "Ooh! The Mendes army!" Wow, Shawn teaches this kid a lot.

It was pretty sad that Elliot was getting older, and it was hard for me to believe that he was 4 years old.

"That's perfect, buddy!" Shawn fist bumps him, and then turns his attention back to the road.

After Shawn's song was over, we listened for the broadcaster to say something about him.

"That was a new one by Shawn Mendez, maybe that's how you say it. I'm impressed, I need more from him!" The man on the radio said, and chuckled.

"It's not that hard to pronounce it!" Shawn laughed. I smiled. This was all I've ever wished for. I just hoped that Shawn wouldn't leave us behind.

Soon, we got home and I put Eli to bed. I was washing my face as I heard Shawn call my name from the kitchen downstairs.

I turned the water off, and walked to him. His face showed fear. A lot of fear. Also, a bit of anger.

"What's this?" He held up a note and I was scared to read  it.

Dear mendes family,

Hi, it's me again. I broke in through the window, but I didn't steal anything. I only came for Violet, but she wasn't here. Watch your back, Shawn. I will find her.

                            -anon

I dropped the note and covered my mouth, tears threaten to fall.

"It's c-cam" Shawn cut me off. "I'm calling the police." Shawn quickly grabbed the phone and before he could grab it, the power went out.

I was alone in the kitchen, and I ran to find Shawn. Finally, I cling onto him, and hug him, tightly.

I looked up and seen my worst nightmare. It wasn't Shawn, but it was Cameron.