Chapter 22

(Shawn)

"Do you think mommy will like these?" I pointed to daisies, and asked Elliot, and he snapped out of looking at the chocolate bars, and turned to me. He shook his head violently.

"No! Mommy likes tulips, they're her favorite!" He explains, and points to the pink and yellow flowers. There is so much that I don't even know about Violet.

I grabbed them, and a tub of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, and went to the register. At least I know what kind of ice cream Violet likes.

After I bought the stuff, I drove us home, and put the stuff on her dresser, with a notecard attached that read:
Violet,
though I am weak, I will still love you. I will never stop. Love, Shawn.

My thoughts trailed into words, and that's all that I got. Hey, I tried. and yes, I know, I suck.

I walked out of her room, and made sure Eli had something to eat, and put some cartoons on. I looked at the time, and noticed Violet should be home in a few minutes.

I hurried and sat down on the couch beside of my son, waiting for her to arrive.

The moment I heard the keys in the front door, my heart beat quickens. "Eli!" She yells looking around for him, and once she sees him, she smiles, and shoots a tiny glance my way. Chills ran down my spine.

Elliot runs to her, and she picks him up. "I missed you so much baby boy." Violet says, hugging him tightly, ignoring my presence. Wow, now I notice that I'm a douche.

After she sets him down, she goes up to our guest room. I don't sleep with her, because that would make our situation ten times worse. I sleep in our room. Though I should be the one sleeping in the guest bedroom.

I waited patiently for her to walk out and look down at me over the railing. I waited for 2 hours. Eventually, I caught on that she knew what I was doing and she definitely wasn't going to come out of that room all night.

I had just put Eli to sleep, and walked into the kitchen for a drink. I grabbed a glass, and poured water in it. I leaned against the counter, and drifted into my thoughts.

(FLASHBACK)

"Smile babe!" Violet shouted, holding a camera in her hands. I grabbed her hand, and intertwined it with mine. Yes, it was one of those cheesy couple photos.

It actually looked really tumblr, because our hands were linked together close to the camera, and it showed me smiling wide.

"It's perfect." Violet whispered to herself, staring down at the camera as if it was a puppy. "You're perfect." I tilted her chin up and our eyes met. I leaned in, her following.

Our lips moved in perfect sync, and for a minute, I couldn't think about anything else. This girl has me wrapped around her finger, I swear.

(FLASHBACK OVER)

I snapped back into reality and noticed I was crying. Tears were now streaming like a water fall. So fast, and so delicate. I was sobbing.

And I told myself I would never cry over a girl.