Chapter 24

(Violet)

Tonight after work, I am going out to a party with my good friend, Sammy. Jan said she would babysit Elliot, because Shawn has plans. Which I don't mind, he needs his freedom.

I honestly don't know our situation currently. I feel like I can't trust him, but I just get a feeling every time I see him, and hear him. My knees go weak, and I can barely stand.

I don't want the same old love, I'm sick of it. (Get the reference?) He could be secretly cheating, but also trying to get on my good side.

I just don't know at this point. I'm going to let life take lead. Now I know what you're thinking, are me and Sammy friends with benefits? No, I don't see him in any other way but a friend.

Recently, Shawn has been extremely nice to me. Taking care of Eli, while I can't. Giving me my favorite things. Last week, he bought me a HUGE tub of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.

I feel bad because he is wasting his money on me, but I love it. Is that greedy? Who am I kidding, Of course its greedy.

I grabbed my phone, and some money. As I arrived downstairs, without tripping in these heels, I seen Sammy.

"Well, if it isn't Samuel Wilkinson." I say, pulling him in a hug. He laughs. "Who are you, Violet Harper? No way man, she's my idol." He jokes. We both laugh.

We walk to his black sports car, and I scoff. "Wow, of course you have to have the sports car." He nods. "You know me, it's been my dream since I was young. Gotta follow my heart." He said, patting his chest, referring to his heart. I laughed.

"So tell me more about this party." I said, as he started the car, and drove down the road.

"Oh, it's gonna be a banger. Loud speakers, awesome drinks, and hot chicks." He laughed and I slapped his arm.

"You have a girlfriend!" I yelled. He chuckled. "I'm joking. I could never replace my lil ma stassie." He smiled to himself. I swear they are such a great couple. Their relationship is so strong.

"Oh, speaking of stassie, I need your help." He spoke and I listened intently. "I kind of wanna pop the question." He said, referring to marriage.

I squealed. "I'm so excited!" I yelled and he blushed. They've been together for about 3 years. (go with it, okay?😂)

"I don't really know how to ask her though. Should I go all out?" He asked. "Oh my gosh, It's freaking Anastasia Karanikolaou, yes!" I exclaimed and he smiled.

Soon, we arrived. "Sammy, please stay out of trouble, okay? Because I want mini sammy's and mini stassie's running around. None else!" I laughed and he nodded.

"You can count on me!" He ran off to find his friends. I walked through the house. So many people were drinking, doing drugs, and other things I wouldn't like to mention.

I bumped into this guy, and he turned around. He held a beer in his hand and he had that look on his face.

"Hey lil momma, want some of this?" He moved his body closer to mine. I pushed him away and walked farther into the house.

I found a table outside the back of the house, and I sat down. There were a few people sitting on the other side, but I just ignored them.

One of them glanced at me a few times and then got up and walked away. I guess they didn't like my company.

A few seconds later, the guy that was sitting beside of me, tapped my shoulder. I turned to face him. He looked oddly familiar.

"Hey, um, you probably don't know me and you might not care, but I think you really need to talk to him. I'm his friend, Ian. He has been really depressed lately and we're worried about him. He left because he thought you would embarrass him. Please do us all a favor, and bring the old Shawn back?" He begged, and his words were serious but contained very little emotion.

I nodded. This was going to be hard, but I had to make things right with Shawn. He deserves a second chance. I mean, you live and you learn right? But I just hope that I'm making the right decision. I feel like I'm incomplete without Shawn.

I got up, and walked through the house until I found him sitting on the couch, staring at the wall.

I walked up to him, and he immediately got up and came closer to me. "Can we talk?" His breath smelt like refreshing mint, as it always had smelt. (Creepy, i know😂)

"Please?" I begged, and we both smiled. I knew that Shawn made some mistakes, but I'd be lying if I said I was perfect. I've made mistakes, and I have definitely been gave second chances.

Besides, we have a son. If we are apart, he's not going to be at ease. Eli loves to see us together, and I don't blame him.

We walked outside, to where we were before. I seen that Ian was gone, and no one was at the table. We sat down, and he turned to look at me.

"Listen, I'm sorry and I really mean it this time. Being with you, has impacted my life for the better. When I'm without you, I lose control. I do stupid things and I hate it. We are a team, and teams stay together. So can we fix this? Please?" He pointed between us. I was happy to hear him apologize and I would gladly forgive him.

"Shawn, I forgive you. Now, let's ditch this place and go tell our precious baby boy the great news." I said, grabbing his hand.

We both got up and walked out, with a smile on both of our faces.

I was still hesitant about forgiving him, but I hoped for the best outcome.

And he's damn lucky that I love him enough.