Introduction

DISCLAIMER: This story is based on a fictional French monarchy, set around late 19th century. It has come out of my mind and has no relation to reality. The behaviours in this story have been kept very period-typical; notes of sexism, classism and anti-lgbtq+ are prevalent throughout the story. However, they do not reflect my personal opinions and I also do not condone any kind of offensive behaviour that may be depicted by my characters. You absolutely should NOT follow anything in your own life. Just know that they do get better as the story progresses, so have faith.

WARNINGS: This story contains GRAPHIC descriptions of homosexuality, sexual themes, sexual innuendos, and blurred lines of explicit consent at times. Homophobes, please keep out. No hate comments will be tolerated. There is also themes/mentions of MPreg, but nothing actually happens.

The story is rated as MATURE for a reason so I'm not responsible for your innocent eyes.

CAST: [Just for muse, you are free to imagine them however you want!]

Louis Desormeaux [Alexandru Gorincioi]

Benjamin Rémy [Alessandro Dellisola]

Edit: I wrote this story at the age of 16-17. Sometimes, it will make you cringe. As of 2022, I'm trying to slowly edit and improve it chapter by chapter. The cast was also changed as it didn't match period ideals and aesthetics.

SPIN-OFF: This story does have a spin-off book, named 'Substitute', mainly based on the side characters from this story but Louis and Benjamin also play a major role in it. If interested, do check it on my profile and show it some love. I'm not supposed to be biased but it's a very well-written story, even more than this one, if you ask me :p

The success this story got was totally unexpected for me and it still feels surreal sometimes. THANKS TO EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU! THANKS FOR GIVING ME AND MY STORY A CHANCE!

Hope you all enjoy!