Chapter 15

Blake was sat in the kitchen studying when Archie eventually got home. Fred had been sat on the sofa in the living room waiting. Archie stumbled through the door with his guitar case and was nearly tackled by Vegas.

"Hey." Archie greeted as he knelt down to stop the excited dog from knocking him over. Blake just smiled at him apologetically.

"I texted. Where were you?" Fred asked as he stood up.

"Football practice. Then I was writing." Archie explained as he shot his sister a confused look.

"Songs? Your music? I thought you and Jughead were on a road trip on the 4th. Then I talked with Sheriff Keller and your sister. So, guess that was a lie." Fred looked at Archie with disappointment.

Archie stood up off the floor and gulped. "Dad, we were gonna go, but..."

"You should have come to me, Archie." Fred cut him off. "We could've gone to the Sheriff together."

"I didn't want to drag you into it, Dad." Archie started up the stairs.

"That was an error in judgment." Fred scolded him. Their voices were increasing in volume.

"Sorry, Dad. Sorry I'm not perfect." Archie stopped on the stairs and turned around to face his dad.

"You know, you're pretty far from perfect lately, Archie. That's why you're grounded." Fred clarified.

"What? Are you serious?" Archie scoffed.

"So, in this house, every night for two weeks, 7:00. You want some alone time with your music? You got it." Fred said sternly.

"I'm not 10 years old, Dad!" Archie threw his arms up. "You can't just..."

"You wanna go for three?" Fred questioned and Archie stormed upstairs. Fred sighed and walked into the kitchen. "Did you know he wasn't with Jughead on the fourth?" Fred raised an eyebrow at his daughter.

"Of course, I did. I was with Jughead." She reminded him.

"Any more secrets I should know about?"

"Not that I can think of." Blake said before collecting her stuff and walking upstirs.

____________________________________________________________________________

"So, how'd it go with Chuck?" Kevin asked Veronica eagerly the next day as she, Betty and Blake stood near their lockers.

Veronica chuckled. "Chuck has muscles for days, but his conversation is not the stuff of Oscar Wilde, or even Diablo Cody." Veronica assured them.

"Hey, Veronica. How was the Sticky Maple you had last night?" Some girl walking down the hall snickered.

"The what now?" Veronica queried.

"The Sticky Maple Chuck gave you? How was it?" The girl smirked as she walked off.

"We had a brownie sundae, if that's what you hyenas mean." Veronica called.

Kevin's phone buzzed and he pulled it out of his pocket. "Oh, my God."

"What?" Blake and Betty both asked as they leaned in to look.

"What the hell is a Sticky Maple?" Veronica asked after grabbing Kevin's phone and looking at the picture of her and Chuck. But her face looked as though it had maple syrup on it.

"It's kind of what it sounds like. It's a Riverdale thing." Kevin explained.

"No, Kevin, it's a slut-shaming thing. And I'm neither a slut, nor am I going to be shamed by someone named, excuse me, Chuck Clayton." Veronica exclaimed. "Does he really think he can get away with this? Does he not know who I am? I will cut the brakes on his souped-up phallic symbol." Veronica threatened.

"Or we can go to Principal Weatherbee." Betty cut in as Kevin nodded in agreement.

"About the coach's son? Who is captain of the football team, and Riverdale High's resident golden boy?" Blake reminded them.

"Or we can expose him in the pages of the Blue and Gold. Yeah, I can do that!" Betty suggested.

"No. Spoken like a true good girl who always follows the rules." Veronica slammed Kevin's phone into his chest and the force pushed him into the lockers behind him. Veronica started walking and Blake and Betty followed. "Well, I don't follow rules, I make them, and when necessary, I break them. You wanna help me get revenge on Chuck, Betty, awesome. But you better be willing to go full dark, no stars. What do you say, in or out?"

"I'm in." Blake said and the two dark haired girls looked at Betty.

"What the hell." She muttered as Veronica pulled them along to the boys changing room.

"Move. Excuse me." Veronica said as the three girls wound their way through the mass of guys.

"Veronica?" Archie exclaimed as she slammed into him and he nearly dropped his towel, which also happened to be the only thing he was wearing. "Betty, Blake, what are you guys doing here?" He asked worriedly as Blake turned fully away from her half-naked twin.

"Don't worry about it." Veronica said as she went to walk forward but Archie stepped in front of her.

"I mean it, Andrews. Hit the showers and stay out of my way." Veronica shoved him.

"I wouldn't question it." Blake warned her brother as she almost ran away from him.

They found Chuck and Veronica cleared her throat to get his attention.

"Huh, B, B and V. Ménage a right on. Ladies." Chuck spun around to face them.

"This is disgusting. Take it down." Veronica demanded.

"Whoa, whoa. Why are you so wound up? It's a badge of honour, and you're not exactly virgin territory after your closet date with Andrews." Chuck said.

"Okay, can we leave my brother out of this." Blake warned.

"Okay, that's beyond irrelevant, Chuck." Betty chipped in. "You're not allowed to go around humiliating girls, for any reason, under any circumstances, you jerk." Betty stammered.

"Look, I get you're not a closet kind of girl, but hey, if you wanna ride the Chuck Wagon, that can be arranged." Chuck smiled and Betty put a hand on Blake's arm to stop her moving forward.

Veronica scoffed. "Let's keep this simple, so that your preppy-murderer half-brain can grasp it. Take. This. The hell. Down."

"Okay, that high-toned bitch attitude may have worked on the betas you dated in New York, but you're in Bulldog territory." Chuck said and the boys started to bark and laugh. "But please, fight back. You'll only make it harder on yourself." Chuck smirked and walked off.

"You want to end up like Reggie." Blake called glancing at the boy in question who was looking at her with wide eyes. "'Cause I feel like it can be arranged."

Chuck went to turn around and say something but Archie, who was now dressed, grabbed his sister and the other two girls and dragged them out of the room.

"What the hell?" Blake scolded him when they were outside.

"I'm not going to let you fight Chuck in the middle of the boys changing room." Archie said.

"He deserved it, Arch!" Blake huffed and started to walk off. "I'm going to find Jughead, we've got some investigating to do."