Prologue

"Darling, you are going to wear a hole into the floor if you continue pacing."
Damon stopped and looked at the lady who had spoken. Caroline smiled at him with a smug look on her face.
His father's lawyer had just left after Damon's father's will reading. His father was still trying to control him from his grave.
"Are you mad because of the will. Honey, you just have to accept it. You know you cannot do anything about it." Caroline said.
Yes she would say that. Damon thought. His father had given him an ultimatum. Damon had to find a wife within the next six months or be forced to take Caroline as a wife. Failure to do so will lead to him losing everything including the company he had worked hard to save to his cousin Peter of all people. He had worked hard to make Bolt enterprises what it was and he wasn't losing it to anyone.
Caroline walked closer to him and placed her hand on his chest.
"Darling, I have to travel to Paris. When I get back, we will plan our wedding. It will be the best." She turned and left.
Damon was still fuming. He would never marry Caroline. She had left him and married his father and he wasn't taking her back. He got out his phone and dialed his lawyer.
"Ben, I have a job for you."
After explaining everything to him, he hung up. He will figure a way out. He would rather find another woman than marry Caroline.

***

"Miss Smith, your sister's heart is failing and she needs a heart transplant."
The doctor's words continued to run around in Shalimar's head. She needed money to save her sister. Her savings had been spent on drugs for Emma, the remaining one will go to paying a few bills and she was in debt.
She sighed and laid her head on her bedside table, thinking about what to do. It was late and she was bone tired. An idea came to her as she remembered that the company where she worked donated money to those in dire need. She worked at Bolt constructions as an assistant to an interior decorator there. She got her laptop and logged into their website. She clicked on the donations forum link and an application form appeared on her screen. She filled in the necessary information and clicked on submit. A page  appeared telling her that she would be contacted if her application was accepted by the CEO. She logged out and shut down her laptop. She decided to pay off the bills she could online later. She got up and went to bed. Please God let my request be accepted was her last thought before she slept off.