Chapter 7

Shal stepped out of the bathroom and into her bedroom. She had convinced Damon to give her time to get to know him before being intimate with him. According to him, she now had her own bedroom because he was sure that he wouldn't be able to keep his hands off her if they shared the same room.

She went to her closet and picked out clothes for work. She dressed up and went down the stairs to get breakfast. She saw that the housekeeper, Marianne had made coffee and two sandwiches before leaving. She sat and ate her meal.

She knew that Damon had left for the office. She could still remember what happened at her wedding reception. A lady came to the reception without being invited. She was surprised at how angry Damon was when the woman, whom she found out was known as Caroline came uninvited.

She later found out from Jesse that Caroline was Damon's ex-girlfriend who broke Damon's heart when she dumped him and married his father for money. She was one of the reasons why he didn't want love but instead he entered marriage like it was a business agreement.

She left for work. Damon wanted her to stop working as she worked in his company, but she loved her work and wanted to continue working.

After work, she was going to visit her sister. Emma's operation was successful. She was now recovering. Shal hoped that Damon wouldn't mind if she brought Emma back to the house when she will be discharged from the hospital.

***

"What are you doing here? I thought you have gone back to Paris."
Damon asked the lady who just barged into his office. Caroline smiled and gave him her sexy look but he was unaffected.

"Come on, Damon, stop being grumpy. I told you before I left that I would soon be back . I get back and I see what?  You married  to that little assistant. If you wanted to make me jealous or to punish me, then  you have succeeded."

Caroline flipped her hair. She tried to catch his attention by showing her skin through the slit in her dress as she crossed her legs.

Damon looked at her from head to toe. He didn't know how and why he ever loved her. She didn't hold a candle to Shal. He knew he was in trouble when that thought crossed his mind. He had loved Caroline or thought he did at the time. Now he saw her for the artificial, greedy and money hungry woman she was.

"I didn't wait for you because I didn't want to. I saw Shal, wanted her and I married her. There is nothing you can do about it."
"I don't believe you. You have always wanted to marry me. I know you don't love her. You love me and only me. You think I don't know the reason you don't date women anymore. Its because of me."
Caroline got up and worked around the table to sit on his table directly in front of him. She placed her hand on his chest and bent to him, giving him a view of her cleavage.

"I am here now. Divorce her and you can have me"
Damon shifted away from her and burst into laughter. He couldn't believe what he just heard. Caroline was really serious.

"You lost the chance to be my wife when you left me for my father. You married him and almost bankrupted my mother's company as a result of your excess spending. Now it all belongs to me and you want me to take you back. I am married and I will never divorce her. It will be better if you go back to Paris . Now leave my office and don't come back."

"This is not over yet. You haven't seen the last of me."
Caroline got up and exited dramatically. Damon shook his head and went back to his work.