Chapter 5

Shalimar looked at her husband. She still couldn't believe what was happening. They had been pronounced man and wife by the priest and were now at their wedding reception.

She met Jesse, Damon's best friend who was also the best man. Jesse and her friend, Lexa became fast friends and were in a conner conversing. She smiled when she saw them together.

She took a glass of wine off the tray a passing waiter carried and sipped it. After the reception, she and Damon would sign some papers brought by his lawyer, Ben.

Shal saw Damon discussing with one of his employees. He was a very handsome man. She was suddenly struck by the fact that he would expect her to share his bed.

During one of their brief conversations in the past week, he made it clear that none of them was allowed to indulge in extramarital affairs meaning that he meant to be faithful.

She had heard all about his way with women. He was a very virile man with a high libido. She couldn't see him abstaining from sex. It made sense to her that he expect her to sleep with him.

She almost had a panic attack thinking about it. She was a virgin and had no sexual experience to speak of. She hoped that he would be gentle with her. She imagined how it would feel to be loved by Damon, she blushed due to the images in her head.

She shook those thoughts and images out of her head. This was just a marriage of convenience. She didn't think that he would want her in his bed. She was plain and ordinary compared to the gorgeous women he had been with before her.

She turned back to look at him only to see that he was staring at her. There was this glint in his eyes she didn't understand.

"Oh" She thought to herself. He was looking as if he was thinking naughty thoughts. She could feel her cheeks burning.

This was so not what she expected. She knew she wanted him, it never occurred to her that he wanted her. The look in his eyes was telling her that he also wanted her.

When he saw her reaction to him, he gave her a smile and started to walk over to her. She finished her glass of wine with a gulp and watched him.

***

Damon caught Shal staring at him. The blush on her cheeks and the way her eyes were dilated  told him what she was thinking. He excused himself from the man he was talking to and made his way to her.

"My wife" he thought to himself. She was now his. He watched as she finished her glass of wine all at once and nervously stared at him and his smile widened. It was good to know that he affected her the way she did him.

He was stopped by an investor who wanted to speak to him. He threw a look that said "soon" at her and went on to talk to the man who stopped him.