Part 3 (Heartbreaking news)

**Back at the hospital:
“Hey, you okay?” I ask opening the door carefully.

“Yeah, did you talk?”

“We did” Blake said

“And?”

“I will… try to get along with him”

“Gaia”

“William, it’s gonna take time I can’t forgive him from one day to the other”

He looks at Blake kind of like waiting for his opinion “Hey, at least she’s gonna try” Blake says

After 9 months of chemotherapy William was declared cancer free… He went to Blake’s games and he made me go sometimes. But after some time the cancer came back. I get a call from his brother that he collapsed again and I go running to the hospital. I was in the waiting room and Blake bolts in.

“What happened?” he asks desperate

“I don’t know” I say with tears on my eyes.

“You okay?”

“No!” I snap

“The cancer’s back” his father tells us.

“Damn it!” Blake says

“He’ll start the chemo right away” William’s father says and leaves

“He wanted to go to New York for the all-star”

“You can’t take him”

“I will if he wants to”

“Blake!”

“He wanted to go to the draft and he did. He was fine, he’ll be fine now” I didn’t think it was a good idea but it was William’s choice either way.

**3 months later:

I was in Minnesota visiting family from my father’s side, when I receive a call form William.

“Hey, you okay?” I ask him

“Yeah, I’m fine… You gotta stop worrying about me Gaia”

“Sorry, I just--- Okay”

“So are you gonna see Blake?”

“Dude I told you I’m in Minnesota”

“I know, Blake’s game’s there tomorrow”

“Oh, well… I’m sure he won’t miss me”

“Gaia…”

“William I just now forgave him but my heart’s still hurt”

“I know, I know… At least your working through it, anyways I’m about to go eat something, I’ll call you tomorrow?”

“Yeah, you better” I joke and we hang up

**Next day:

Blake’s P.O.V.

I was getting ready for tonight’s game and all I could think about was Gaia. I know she was here in Minnesota but I didn’t want to push her so much, especially now that she recently told me she forgave me.

We go to the court and play our game, after we were done they were gonna interview me. As soon as the interview started I had a bad feeling in the back of my head. Like something wasn’t right… When I finish the interview I take a shower and quickly look for my phone. As soon as I turn it on I see a bunch of missed calls from my mom and texts saying: “Sorry” after that I just lost it.