Part 46 (Heaven or Earth?)

Gaia's P.O.V.

I regain conciousness and squint as I open my eyes... all I see is a blur, and a huge white room. Before I passed out I could sworn my life flashed before me... Does this mean I'm dead?

I sit up to see that I was alone, there was nothing in the room. No heart monitor, I didn't have needles in my veins... nothing, I was just... alone and scared. I mean, is this heaven? 'Cause if it is, it sucks! I decide to get out of the white room and look around. When I open the door I don't pass to a hall, I walk into a beautiful landscape so... yeah, I'm definitely dead...

I hear childrens laughter and I follow it until I could find the source... only to see Asher, flying a kite, laughing and happy.

"Asher?!" I call out.

"Hey mommy!" he waves.

"You've gotten so big!" I smile. He runs to me and I open my arms to hug him, only it wasn't me he was running to. He passes me, as if I wasn't even there... I turn to see who he refered to as mommy and I see Blake carrying our baby girl and holding hands with a pregnant woman and rings on their hands... He really did it... he found someone.

I thought I was gonna be happy but... I'm just hurt. Mostly hurt that my son called another woman "mommy" like I was never there...

"It should've been you" I hear a very familiar voice but couldn't quite place it.... I turn to see who spoke to me...

"William?"

"Hey G" he smiles.

"Oh my God!" I hug him, "How are you here?"

"I'm dead, remember?"

"Right... I guess I am too"

"You belong there with him, you can't just abandon them like that... You don't really want this, look at you" I was broken and in tears.

"No, I'm just being selfish. He deserves to be happy"

"You think he's happy?"

"I can see that he's happy, and my kids too"

"Look harder..."

I suddenly appear on his bedroom. He was laying next to his wife, with sadness on his face. She wanted to make love to him, God! I can't witness this!

"Not tonight babe" he gently pushes her to the side.

She scoffs "And when?"

"I don't know, another day maybe. Just not today" he says annoyed.

"...You'll never be over her will you?" she asks him. "I'll never be as good as her, no matter what I do"

"She just left so soon" he whispers.

"Why did you marry me?"

"She wanted me to"

"She wanted you to marry me?"

"No... just to get married"

"And I was as close to her as they could come..." she stands from the bed and puts on some clothes. "I'm gonna stay at my moms for a while... until you gather yourself" with that she leaves and he doesn't even try to stop her.

He goes to his so called 'man cave' and starts to drink and drink all over again... he emptied a whole bottle. He was drunk, furious, depressed and hurt someone right now if he wanted to... Rubbing the back of his head, he's had enough and throws the bottle to the wall and hard as he could.

"Why did you leave me?!!! Why the FUCK did you have to leave me?!!" he crouches to the floor, crying. Seeing him in this pain made me cry too. I wish I could touch him, kiss him and comfort him.

"I'm sorry" I whisper to him.

"Gaia?" he sniffles.

"He can hear me?!" I ask William...

"More like feel your presence"

"I miss him" I cry with him.

"Then go to him..."

"How? I'm dead"

"No you're not"

"What do you mean?" everything starts to disappear. "William?... William!!"

_____________________________O______________________________

Blake's P.O.V.

After I read the letters I just stayed outside... I couldn't bear going in there again. I don't want to hear the words... those words that will ruin my life forever.

"Blake honey?" my mom calls. "Don't you want to see the baby?"

"Not now mom"

"Honey" she sits next to me. "I know it's hard, but if Gaia dies, that baby is gonna need you and it's the last thing you're gonna have that's a part of her... of both of you."

"I saw her this morning... she looks just like her" I cry... "Mom?"

"Yes?"

"If she dies... I don't know what I'm gonna do. Those three years without her were the most miserable years of my life... She's my everything, my whole world, my life"

"I know baby" she rubs my back.

"Did you know she wanted to marry me? Before having the baby... Why didn't I do it? All I wanted since high school was to marry her... Why didn't I marry her?"

"Oh sweetheart... strange things happen in this world that a lot of people don't understand. I'm sure there's a purpose to all of this" 

"Mr. Griffin?" the doctor interrupt us. I stand and go to him. "I'm sorry--"

"NO! NO!"

"She's lost a lot of blood"

"No! Please God no" I cry.

"Sir, we managed to stop the bleeding but she needs a blood transfusion fast"

"Then what the hell are you waiting for?"

"Well it's quite complicated sir... She has the rarest blood type and unfourtunately we ran out of it last week. Only about 1 or 2% of the world have that type of blood, and if she doesn't get one fast, I'm afraid there'll be complications"

"You do whatever you have to do, find someone I don't know... I'll pay anything, please"

"The nurses are on it as we speak. I just needed to warn you sir"

"Thank you"

"I'll keep you updated" he leaves.

So she's fine but might not be? This is not good news, but it's something. I have hopes now, she's strong and a fighter. She has to make it, or I won't...

---------------------------------------------------

So.. there's a little bit of hope for Gaia :D

I cried writing the beggining of this! Gosh! Why am I such a crybaby? LOL hope you enjoy.