Chapter 7: Unraveling

"Here put this on" Jake said in a gentle tone, he handed me a pair of black tracksuit pants and a grey singlet, "This should be more comfortable" He said... That's when I started getting even more confused. I was his prisoner, but he was treating me nicely... I always thought you were supposed to treat your prisoner like shit, not like a house guest...

"I'll turn around while you change..." He said while standing me up gently. I nodded and started undressing, "Finished?" He asked, "Yes..." I replied in a quiet voice. I wanted to thank him but something kept stopping me, I couldn't seem to convince myself to be kind to him, after what he had done to me, I mean he fucking kidnapped me! And now he thinks he can be nice and I'll forgive him!? 

He went down stairs, a few minutes later he came back with a sandwich and a glass of water. "I thought you might be hungry" He said, he sounded upset, like he was ashamed of what he had done. I still thought he deserved to be treated like shit though. He put the plate and the glass on the mattress in front of me and looked deeply into my eyes. I looked down at the food, 'what if it's poison?' I thought to myself while staring at the crust of the soft, white bread. My mouth started watering as I stared at it, "Do you want me to take a bite first?" Jake asked in a comforting tone, I nodded and he picked up the sandwich and took a bite, he swallowed his mouthful and said it was fine. So I decided to eat it, gosh I was so hungry, I really needed that. "Thank... You..." I replied in a quiet voice, I was so scared my voice wouldn't even work properly, it was like there was ball lodged in my throat. 

Jake sat back down, looking very upset... I decided to get up the courage and ask him what was wrong, I hated him but I also hated seeing him upset. "Is... Everything okay...?" I asked, "Have you ever done something so bad you couldn't forgive yourself?" He replied... I told him that we all do bad things, but if we can change that into a good thing or try to fix it then forgiving yourself wouldn't be so difficult. He showed little bit of a smile and came and sat next to me. 

"I'm such a bad person" He announced, "You're not a bad person, you just made a bad decision" I replied... He put his head on my shoulder and started to cry a little, that's when I started feeling bad, I couldn't imagine how he was feeling knowing he'd dome something to put another persons life in danger, that must have been an awful feeling... I felt so bad that something inside me pushed me to put my arms around him, I wrapped him up in my arms, "Why are you doing this to me Jake?" I asked while cuddling him. He didn't seem to want to talk about it, "I couldn't explain it even if I tried..." He answered. He stood up quickly "I can't get attached to you okay!" He shouted, I nodded my head and looked back at the wall with the writing on it, still wondering what it said...